CloneCD problem with Sony DVD/CD RW Drive

Discussion in 'CloneCD' started by drzoom, Feb 11, 2007.

1. drzoom

drzoom New Member

Hi,
    I've used CloneCD for several years (currently using version 5.3.0.1) with a variety of drives and media with no problem (I use it mainly to copy audio CD's).

Today I installed a new Sony AW-G170A DVD/CD RW Drive but I'm having problems.

The drive reads the original CD with no problems. However when I try to burn a copy a couple of things seem to go wrong. Firstly I always set CloneCD to burn at no more than 24x speed, however the drive/program seems to ignore this and the speed of buen increases up to 30+ speeds.

The burn seems to go OK until approx 70%-80% complete, then you can here the drive slowing down and the following error message appears:

Writing To CD Failed Medium Error: Write Error C3: 0X0c:0x00

Would anyone have an idea why this is happening, a software problem ? Incompatable CDR's (although I've used the sme brand on several other drives and with CloneCD with no problems in the past), or a duff drive.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Simon

2. drzoom

drzoom New Member

Just a small update on this problem. I have just put the Sony drive into a back up PC I have and it seems to work fine, although CloneCD still burns at a higher speed than requested.

Nero 7 also works fine with the drive on the back up PC (when I tried it in my main PC it crashed the program).

Curiouser and curiouser....