CloneCD & iso

Discussion in 'CloneCD' started by cyspur, Dec 10, 2007.

1. cyspur

cyspur Member

Hi

I have read the very helpful sticky that webslinger posted on how to back up movies on dl discs using clonecd. I have a Q though, as my dl's are still on their way through the post, can i save my movie on the hdd as an iso with clonecd & will the layer break be preserved that way? Then can i burn the iso using clonecd on the +r dl disc?
    Concerning the booktype my burner is a nec ND2510-A & i read somewhere that clonecd automatically does the booktype to -rom for this burner ( or am i confused been reading the forum for hours lol:doh:). How can i verify this please?
    Thank you for any response & forgive my long post:)

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

No. Clonecd doesn't preserve the layer break with .isos at this time. Just create images using Clonecd's default method.

3. cyspur

cyspur Member

Thank you Webslinger is that the .dvd image format & do i click the "Read CD to Image File" button instead of the two disc button? Thx again.

4. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Yes to both questions

I'd also recommend using Anydvd 6.3.0.1 beta if you're not already: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=10591

5. cyspur

cyspur Member

thx a million going to update to newer AnyDVD version too as i'm still on 6.2.0.1 :agree: