• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneCD icons are all grayed out

gwa000

System: Windows 7, 64-bit
CloneCD: Version 5.3.1.4

Downloaded the trial, installed it, rebooted, and when I started CloneCD all of the icons are grayed out. In fact the whole interface is grayed out so I can not even click on the menu bar (i.e. File, Tools, Help).

This was a brand new install and CloneCD (including prior versions has never been installed on the system). Windows 7 was a clean install so it was not an upgrade of XP.

I've uninstalled and re-installed the software with the same results.

Per questions that I have seen asked when other users have encountered the same situation, there are no "USB sticks in the machine" (I'm assuming they were asking if there were any USB flash drives connected). Nor are there any "strange devices" with a drive letter (like modems).

Also, here are the results from ImgBurn that was asked in one of threads when CloneCD does not work.

===============================================
Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.5.7.0

Upper Device Filter: [None Found]
Upper Class Filter: [None Found]
Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
Lower Class Filter: ElbyCDFL
Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

Filter Name: ElbyCDFL
File Name: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\ElbyCDFL.sys
File Version: 5, 2, 1, 3 [5.2.1.3]
File Description: ElbyCDIO Filter Driver
Product Name: CloneCD
Product Version: 5, 2, 1, 3 [5.2.1.3]
Company Name: SlySoft, Inc.
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2003 - 2006 SlySoft, Inc.

Also, the CloneCD interface is locked in place. I can't even move it. In addition, if I click on the desktop icon it starts up another instance as I can see multiple processes in Task Manager. I ony see one UI though as the multiple occurences overlay each other in the same spot.

I have installed the trial on an old XP, 32-bit system and it works fine.

Any idea what is causing this lack of functionality?
Is there a log file created somewhere (I could not find one)?

thanks!

Last edited:
System: Windows 7, 64-bit
CloneCD: Version 5.3.1.4

Downloaded the trial, installed it, rebooted, and when I started CloneCD all of the icons are grayed out. In fact the whole interface is grayed out so I can not even click on the menu bar (i.e. File, Tools, Help).

This was a brand new install and CloneCD (including prior versions has never been installed on the system). Windows 7 was a clean install so it was not an upgrade of XP.

I've uninstalled and re-installed the software with the same results.

Per questions that I have seen asked when other users have encountered the same situation, there are no "USB sticks in the machine" (I'm assuming they were asking if there were any USB flash drives connected). Nor are there any "strange devices" with a drive letter (like modems).

Also, here are the results from ImgBurn that was asked in one of threads when CloneCD does not work.

Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.5.7.0

Upper Device Filter: [None Found]
Upper Class Filter: [None Found]
Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
Lower Class Filter: ElbyCDFL
Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

Filter Name: ElbyCDFL
File Name: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\ElbyCDFL.sys
File Version: 5, 2, 1, 3 [5.2.1.3]
File Description: ElbyCDIO Filter Driver
Product Name: CloneCD
Product Version: 5, 2, 1, 3 [5.2.1.3]
Company Name: SlySoft, Inc.
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2003 - 2006 SlySoft, Inc.

Also, the CloneCD interface is locked in place. I can't even move it. In addition, if I click on the desktop icon it starts up another instance as I can see multiple processes in Task Manager. I ony see one UI though as the multiple occurences overlay each other in the same spot.

I have installed the trial on an old XP, 32-bit system and it works fine.

Any idea what is causing this lack of functionality?
Is there a log file created somewhere (I could not find one)?

thanks!
Please use CloneCD 5.3.1.7 (beta).

Please use CloneCD 5.3.1.7 (beta).

james,

updating to version 5.3.1.7 resolved the issue of the user interface being all grayed out.

since you are on the development team could you elaborate on why the interface was grayed out on my Window 7, 64-bit system? i'm curious as to what the issue was.

also, you referenced that 5.3.1.7 is a beta although clicking on Info... from the UI does not indicate it is a beta. the download web page indicates that the latest production release is 5.3.1.4 (which is what i originally downloaded) and has a date of 2009-03-16. so that begs the question as to when 5.3.1.7 will be released? it looks like this release has been 4 years in the making. 8)

thanks!

Back