• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneCD greyed out

jeng1201

I have never had a problem with CloneCD before and it has worked wonderfully in the past on the same PC. However, I have not used it recently and have installed several 'free' video converters and OpenOffice and .NET framework from Microsoft amongst other software which some of it I have uninstalled after evaluating it.

Today, I have tried to use CloneCD and have found that all the buttons are greyed out and it does not seem to be working. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a fresh version from the Slysoft website but it is still the same (greyed out). When I try to close it, that doesn't work either. And I have to go into Task manager and end the task 'cloneCD.exe' However, when I do this the software closes on my desktop but the 'cloneCD.exe' still remains in the process list. Even if I try to end this process repeatedly it still remains and doesn't close and go away. The only way to get rid of it is to force my PC to shutdown (by holding the shutdown button on the case for a few secs) because the normal shutdown with the mouse doesn't work any more!

I have managed to get the log file from CloneCD after a several forced shutdowns and the log file displays the following when I start the program:

I 22:07:01 CloneCD Version 5.3.1.4 started!
I 22:07:01 ElbyCDIO Driver 6.0.5.1
I 22:07:01 ElbyCDIO.dll 6.0.9.2
I 22:07:01 CCDDriver.dll 5.3.0.1
I 22:07:01 ElbyECC.dll 4.0.0.0
I 22:07:01 WriteDVD.dll 2.6.6.3
I 22:07:01 Registered to: <removed>
I 22:07:01 Searching for SCSI/ATAPI devices...

I am running Win XP Home (SP3) and have a pentium 3 machine running only 384MB of RAM. It's a slow machine but does the job I need it too.

Now, I'm not sure if there is a software conflict with other software that I recently installed on my system. The CloneDVD software appears to be starting up fine and is not greyed out like CloneCD so I don't know what the problem is with this particular program. Any help from you guys will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you a registered user? (do you currently have a valid license for the software?).

Also, read this: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=2950

Another reason, CloneCD cant find your CD-Writers!

capture_13032011_225935edit.jpg

Your ElbyCDIO Driver 6.0.5.1 and ElbyCDIO.dll 6.0.9.2 seem outdated. Not sure if this is connected though.

Last edited:
I am running Win XP Home (SP3) and have a pentium 3 machine running only 384MB of RAM. It's a slow machine but does the job I need it too.

Now, I'm not sure if there is a software conflict with other software that I recently installed on my system. The CloneDVD software appears to be starting up fine and is not greyed out like CloneCD so I don't know what the problem is with this particular program. Any help from you guys will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Wow that is ancient...adding a little more RAM might help as well. When you mean grey out where is it greyed out at? And can you provide a screen shot so we can see where the problem is at?

When you mean grey out where is it greyed out at?
He means instead of this...
capture_14032011_114035.jpg

...you see something similar to this...
capture_14032011_114035example.jpg

I have a theory as to the cause of his problem ;)

Last edited:
I have never had a problem with CloneCD before and it has worked wonderfully in the past on the same PC. However, I have not used it recently and have installed several 'free' video converters and OpenOffice and .NET framework from Microsoft amongst other software which some of it I have uninstalled after evaluating it.

Today, I have tried to use CloneCD and have found that all the buttons are greyed out and it does not seem to be working. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a fresh version from the Slysoft website but it is still the same (greyed out). When I try to close it, that doesn't work either. And I have to go into Task manager and end the task 'cloneCD.exe' However, when I do this the software closes on my desktop but the 'cloneCD.exe' still remains in the process list. Even if I try to end this process repeatedly it still remains and doesn't close and go away. The only way to get rid of it is to force my PC to shutdown (by holding the shutdown button on the case for a few secs) because the normal shutdown with the mouse doesn't work any more!

I have managed to get the log file from CloneCD after a several forced shutdowns and the log file displays the following when I start the program:

I 22:07:01 CloneCD Version 5.3.1.4 started!
I 22:07:01 ElbyCDIO Driver 6.0.5.1
I 22:07:01 ElbyCDIO.dll 6.0.9.2
I 22:07:01 CCDDriver.dll 5.3.0.1
I 22:07:01 ElbyECC.dll 4.0.0.0
I 22:07:01 WriteDVD.dll 2.6.6.3
I 22:07:01 Registered to: <removed>
I 22:07:01 Searching for SCSI/ATAPI devices...

Try to remove all hardware emulating CD drives, e.g. cable modems, USB sticks.

Thanks for your replies guys! Had a bad flu so couldn't reply to you earlier :( Also, I would have expected some kind of alert when new posts reply to my question like an email but I didn't get any so I had to rely heavily on my memory to remind me to check the forum again.

The problem is now solved and James comment about removing all hardware emulating drives did the trick. The problem was with my T-mobile USB Mobile broadband dongle. So I disconnected this from the back of my PC and restarted my machine and then attempted to open CloneCD and it worked absolutely fine and is now showing it's glorious colourful interface again.

mike20021969 in response to your question yes I am a registered user and have been for several years :rock:

Recycle yes my PC is very old and I need to upgrade it soon but unfortunately I cannot add any more RAM to it as this is the limit set my by the motherboard :bang:

Thanks again guys!! :)

I would have expected some kind of alert when new posts reply to my question like an email
At the top of the first post on any thread you wish to follow:
You will then get an e-mail when there are replies ;)

Same problem

Hi,

After having no problems with CloneCD for several years as a registered user, now I have the same problem after I had to reinstall my PC.
I have the same external USB-HDs as before and I haven't changed anything in my environment. :bang:
I'm using WinXP & SP3 with the latest updates.
Do you have any suggestion for me what to do?
Thanks in advance :D
Holy

Try this...

@Holy Spirit.

Shut down computer. Remove all USB devices. Restart computer.
Does the problem still exist?

I've done that.
I've remove all USB externals (despite the fact that CloneCD has always been working before my WinXP re-installation).
Problem remains the same. :(

Best regards
Holy

Back