• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneCD (.ccd) file size and a little help with mixed CDs (Civ2, HoMM2)

IWantMyMTV

Brand new to CloneCD and I have a quick question, and then I think I need a little help (maybe a lot of help)...

Is the main .ccd file that CloneCD creates the same size as the data on the original CD? In other words, if the CD is a 700MB CD, but the files on the CD only take up 300MB, does CloneCD create a file around the 700MB size or the 300MB size?

In trying to answer that first question for myself, I discovered the following with Civilization 2 and Heroes of Might and Magic 2...

I used CloneCD to create an image, and used a virtual drive and mounted the image...the game .exe makes it past the cd check very handily...

However, once in game, the game refuses to recognize the CD audio tracks on the image...(back in the good ol' days before mp3s and audio compression, game developers just stuck the music on as .cda files on mixed media CDs...usually Track 1 was the data portion for the game and the remaining tracks were CD audio music tracks)...this happens on both Civ2 and HoMM2...

However, if I go into MediaPlayer with the image mounted, MediaPlayer recognizes the music tracks and allows me to play them in MediaPlayer...also, if I go back into CloneCD to make an image from the virtual drive, CloneCD can see the (1) 390MB data track and the other (11) music tracks on the Civ2 image...

Any idea what's going on? And is there a read image selection, data, audio, mixed, game, protected game, etc that may work better for this type of CD?

Thanks for any help/info you can provide...

PS. Wonderful program...I've been gaming since the 90's and with a 320GB drive, CloneCD sure beats trying to keep track of 40 or so discs...unfortunately, gaming from the 90's makes finding help with these types of issues a bit difficult...I may be the only one in this forum trying to play Civ2 and HoMM2 with CD-quality music...graphics are absolutely atrocious compared to Civ4 and HoMM5, but the gameplay was a lot easier to pick up which is a good thing when my pea-brain struggles with the more modern offerings...

Got the fix for the music...

It had nothing to do with CloneCD or the Virtual Drive...it was a limitation of the game itself...

In the mid-90's, all game developers/programmers knew that nobody, but nobody had more than one optical drive so the game can only play the CD audio music if the Virtual Drive with the mounted image has a driver letter that precedes the physical optical drive...

I used 'Disk Management' in XP to re-letter my physical drive from D: to E: and then made my virtual drive the D: drive...works like a champ...

Still have the question about the image size though...if anyone knows the answer...maybe I just have bad luck...but the first five discs that I've used to make images have all come out at 700+ MB...

Back