• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneCD backup problem

rambo

i have used CloneCD for some time to back up my music collection of cds.
There has never been a moments problem.
However just today i am having problems.
When i insert both discs that is original and blank i get a message which says"CD Writer is not compatible with clone cd"
If i then put in a different disc from the same batch it sometimes copies but at other times it will not.
i have installed the latest version of clone cd (5310)
The blanks i use are Verbatim CDR 52x 700 MB
My writer is Lite On(new).My operating system is XP
I would appreciate some advice please
Thanks.
PS i also have CloneDVD and AnyDVD installed

"Ensure there is no media in your drive before running Clonecd."--James

Thanks.
I always open cloneCd and then insert the discs.
It is then that i get the message.
Regards

Thanks.
I always open cloneCd and then insert the discs.
It is then that i get the message.
Regards

I've gone through a lot of troubleshooting steps with someone else who was getting that message, and unfortunately, I don't have an answer as to what is causing that message to appear.

Perhaps you should try contacting Slysoft to see what they say: click http://www.slysoft.com/contact.html

Webslinger
Thanks for your trouble.
Unfortunately the hard drive on the computer i was using deceided it had had enough and died.RIP
I still have a problem with clonecd on my other computer.
The message says"Writing to cd failed,illegal request:cannot format medium-incompatible medium (5.0x30:0x06)
As a matter of interest could the problem be this version of CloneCD or some defective discs.
i might try a previous version and see.
What do you think
Rrgards.

I still have a problem with clonecd on my other computer.
The message says"Writing to cd failed,illegal request:cannot format medium-incompatible medium (5.0x30:0x06)

Are you sure the drive in the other computer is a cd-r writer?

Let me take a look at what's on your system. Do this:

1. Install Anydvd 6.3.1.4 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6314.exe

2. a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

Last edited:
Yes,it is a TSST Writemaster,DVD Multi
I will do the other things you requested but it will have to be on Monday
As a matter of interest.I have just back up Beethoven's Violin Concerto using an Imation disc without any problems.
Regards.

Yes,it is a TSST Writemaster,DVD Multi
I will do the other things you requested but it will have to be on Monday
As a matter of interest.I have just back up Beethoven's Violin Concerto using an Imation disc without any problems.
Regards.

Then I would look for a firmware update for your drive(s).

Webslinger.
I think i have found the problem-faulty discs.
I have just copied six discs using Imation discs,no problem whatsoever.
When i tried to copy the same discs using Verbatim.Five failed.
That sounds pretty conclusive to me.
That's about a 20% failure rate of the 25 pack that i was using.Appalling.
This the first time i have ever had a problem with Verbatim,normally they are very good.
Thanks again for your trouble.

Webslinger.
I think i have found the problem-faulty discs.
I have just copied six discs using Imation discs,no problem whatsoever.
When i tried to copy the same discs using Verbatim.Five failed.
That sounds pretty conclusive to me.
That's about a 20% failure rate of the 25 pack that i was using.Appalling.
This the first time i have ever had a problem with Verbatim,normally they are very good.
Thanks again for your trouble.

Yeah, and Imation are typically bad (won't last long). The issue you're having may be a result of firmware not currently supporting the discs that you're using properly. However, given that some work blanks and some don't, I would simply return them to Verbatim. They will replace them and probably give you a few extras for your trouble.

Back