• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneCD and Windows Seven

popov

Hi,
I have clone CD v 5.3.1.3 and never had a problem with it
I just baught a SSD hard drive and upgraded to windows seven ultimate but my computer is still same
when i install clone cd everything is OK but when I launch it (even as admin) all the 4 buttons are grayed out and there's nothing to do more
I can't even close the prog, only have the windows error sound when I try to clic on it ...
only way to close it is to stop the process
I tryed to run it as xp or vista compatible mode but nothing.

anyone can help out ? I didn't founf log file to see what is happening ...

Thanks for any help

Last edited:
I suggest you update to version 5.3.1.4 first and see if that helps.

I did it but it is still the same
tx for help

modem is connected in lan, on usb I have only keyboard and mouse connected

I don't think it's a hardware problem, I have still the old hard drive and if I put it on my computer instead of the new one (SSD/Seven) I can launch cloneCD and burn a cd or dvd ...

the only thing I changed on the computer is the hard drive and a new fresh install with Seven

Thanks for help

Peter

When you launch CloneCD what does the CloneCD log file windows say? Can you post that but make sure you remove your registered name as well... that will tell us if the program detects the drive.

Can you please tell me where I can find the log file and how it is called so I can post it here ?

Thank you for your reply

tell me where I can find the log file and how it is called so I can post it here ?
start clonecd.
even though buttons are greyed out,click tools>log.
if log window opens,click file>save as>(name file as save it to desktop or another place you'll remember).
locate this log,right click it>send to>compressed (zipped) folder.
attach compressed (zipped) folder to you next post as an attachment.

Last edited:
all the options in clone cd are greyed too
there is no way to have the options, everywhere I clic on the cloneCD window I have the windows error sound
to close it I have to stop the process
that's why I thought there was another way to see the logs

it shows it running in task manager
in the process side I have both, cloneCD and the tray cloneCD

it shows it running in task manager
in the process side I have both, cloneCD and the tray cloneCD

I am quite sure CloneCD hangs while scanning for optical drives.

I had a virtual drive with daemon tools, and I just removed it to see what happends ... but still same ...
what can I do to see if it's really what you say James ?
I can open my comp and remove physically the 2 dvdrom drives I have ?

but cloneCD never hanged with those drives on the other hard drive with vista ...

I had a virtual drive with daemon tools, and I just removed it to see what happends ... but still same ...
what can I do to see if it's really what you say James ?
I can open my comp and remove physically the 2 dvdrom drives I have ?

but cloneCD never hanged with those drives on the other hard drive with vista ...

I would remove and uninstall any virtual drives or InCD cause if I am not mistaken some times those programs cause unforseen problems with slysoft products. Beyond your saying the drives worked under vista I would have to say remove any virtual drivers and reboot and try again and see what happens. I for myself installed Anydvd HD, CloneCD, CloneDVD, CloneDVDmobile with no nero or virtual drives under Win7x64 ult and have no problems using the slysoft combinations for reading and burning. So my guess would lead me to believe it's has something to do with your virtual software but since I don't and won't use virtual software it's hard to know. But do remove virtual drives daemon or alcohol tools and reboot and try again and see if anything changes???

I removed completly daemon tools that was the only prog with virtual drives on my computer and still same problem
I will try to remove the 2 dvd rom I have on my computer but for that I have to open my computer and that is another story, I need more time and in week with my job it's hard ...
I think that is the only way I have to see what happends with no dvd drive on the computer

I removed physically my 2 dvd drives and still same problem
I removed all admin restriction on windows seven, all settings are disabled
no virtual drives or any program installed
I tryed to install nero 9 and it is working fine ...
but cloneCD is still greyed

I have no idea more

Odd .. so does your try itself work properly when you use Nero 9 with it does it burn play read write? Cause from what it sounds like now it might be the drive is failing or has malfunction and CloneCD can't see it properly???? :confused:

what I burned with nero is working perfectly...
the drive is not the problem, it's 2 month old and is working with clone on the other hard drive

Back