• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneCD always burning 16x - not 2x or 4x as selected

klop

I do have the following problem:

CloneCD (latest version) is always burning 16x - not 2x or 4x as selected

CD-burner: HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-H31N (DELL model) on Windows XP SP2

1. Contact dell and ask if a firmware upgrade is available for your drive.

2. Clonecd's burning speed is dependent on your burner's firmware and the blank media you're using. I suspect if your burner's firmware indicates it can only handle the blank media you're using at 4x, then Clonecd will burn at 4x. Burn speed in Clonecd is based on what the firmware indicates and the media code as far as I can tell.

If your firmware indicates it can write media at 16x, but the media code indicates the media is rated up to 4x, then Clonecd is probably going to burn at 4x. Or if your DVD firmware says it can burn this media at 4x, but the media code (along with manufacturer id) indicates the speed of the media is rated up to 16x, then the fastest the blank will burn is at 4x.

At least, in my experience, this seems to be the case with Clonedvd/Clonecd. That is, there appears to be two limiting factors: firmware and what the media code indicates.

If you're a "power" burner type of person, I suppose that can be annoying. On the other hand, this method probably helps to ensure better burn quality.

Last edited:
Back