• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneCD 5.3.2.1- Two Versions Floating Around?

crawler9

Hi, I've searched around a little already and didn't see any answers to this. An old version I have sitting around of CloneCD version 5.3.2.1 (MD5 3b48af7e9dd35252cade967a02f447fa- matches the version currently hosted on filehippo) seems to have a different signature than the version I just downloaded from RedFox (MD5 c80f823044985d1724cda1c678fbd13a). Was the new one on Redfox a rerelease with the same version number for some reason, perhaps just because of the new signature? Or has something happened?

I imagine the only difference is the updated signature (from sha1 to sha256) probably to remedy the issue indicated here, but just wanted to make sure this was the case and that nothing's been tampered with.

Thanks

Last edited:
Good question. I second that.

The old download from Slysoft has the following md5checksum:

3b48af7e9dd35252cade967a02f447fa *SetupCloneCD5321.exe

Both have Digital Signatures from SlySoft, Inc. stating "The digital signature is OK" so have not been tampered with.

The signing time on the one I downloaded from SlySoft, 2.76 MB (2,899,208 bytes), is 14 January 2016 20:59:09.
The signing time on the one I downloaded from RedFox, 2.76 MB (2,898,016 bytes), is 18 February 2016 20:06:23.

I suspect that the difference is the signature to resolve issues with Windows having a problem with digital signatures. The new signature is SHA256.

Edit: CloneDVDmobile 1.9.2.0 has had the signature updated as well.

Thanks. That's what I expected. I'm just surprised the version number wasn't incremented to indicate that there was a change.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Nope. Goes back all the way to vista and to Anydvd release 7.6.9.0. It's in the release notes ;)

- Change: Installer signed with SHA256 certificate
- Note: On Windows Vista and Server 2008, Update 2763674 must be installed.
See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2763674

Installed 5.3.2.1. Run it, it asked to check for a newer version. I allowed CloneCD to check for a new version and it says "unable to reach the Slysoft server!"

I know this is an interim release, RedFox needs time to settle the "new company" problems, I just wanted to let the devs know CloneCD tried to "call home" at a wrong location.

-----translate with google translate -----sorry for my bad english :)

Hello,
a question:
Have all the programs offered at RedFox a new Certificate, or only certain ?

What happens here with the old licenses and program development

CloneBD 1.0.7.6 2016-02-12
CloneDVD 2.9.3.3 2015-07-20
CloneDVD mobile 1.9.2.0 2016-01-15
CloneCD 5.3.2.1 2016-01-13
GameJackal Pro 5.2.0.0 2013-10-29
Virtual CloneDrive 5.5.0.0 2016-01-14

Is the name of the program from Slysoft changed to RedFox or not?
What happens here with the old licenses?

I only ask because I did not ask whether I should all download
or not, I bought then at slysoft all programs.

Greetings :)

MarcusR

Last edited:
alle bis heute veröffentlichten programme gehen mit deinem sly soft key auch die aktuelle any dvd version
bis der verkauf startet ob rest zeiten angerechnet werden und wen ja wie weiß man noch nicht
clone dvd kanst alternativ auch bei elby herunter laden aber das ist die gleiche version wie hier

Sorry, but this is the english language section. You're more likely going to get the help / response you guys need in the german (deutsch) language section here

https://forum.redfox.bz/forums/deutsches-redfox-forum.27/
thx @ marcel.hartmayer

Hello Ch3vr=on,

sorry my tread was english/german,

i have deleted the german part on english now. OK ? :)

Can you help me

short and quickly.

Has any programm on download at RedFox a RedFox signature or Slysoft signature ?
Witch has Proramm has RedFox signatur ?

i will update my Programm Database on by PC

MarcusR

Installed 5.3.2.1. Run it, it asked to check for a newer version. I allowed CloneCD to check for a new version and it says "unable to reach the Slysoft server!"

I know this is an interim release, RedFox needs time to settle the "new company" problems, I just wanted to let the devs know CloneCD tried to "call home" at a wrong location.
thx @ marcel.hartmayer

Hello Ch3vr=on,

sorry my tread was english/german,

i have deleted the german part on english now. OK ? :)

Can you help me

short and quickly.

Has any programm on download a RedFox Signatur or Slysoft Signatur ?
Witch has Proramm has RedFox signatur ?

i will update my Programm Database on by PC.

MarcusR
All programs currently have a SlySoft signature.

Hello James thx for answer. :)

All Programms also from Slysoft.com,
only download at RedFox so i can the most Programms
let in Slysoft Folder on my PC.

Gerrings :)

MarcusR

All programs currently have a SlySoft signature.
It was expected. I know you guys are running in the wheel real hard getting RedFox off the ground.

Keep being so excellent at what you do, devs!

Back