• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD write error

mcmenace

Just tried to backup Into the Woods (2 hours 5 mins) on 25GB Verbatim blank media. Picture freezes about 5 mins in, sound keeps going. It's like a watching a still picture and listening to the movie on a radio. Skip a chapter, fast forward, same thing. Another 2 hour + failure, this time didn't say so but made what appeared to be a successful burn.

Same as Body of Lies (2 Hours 8 mins.) Tired of hearing the discs are bad b/c if so why would they fail only on movies over 2 hours??? The odds of that happening are astronomical. Problem lies with cloneBD. Only solution as of now is "waste" 50GB blanks when 25GB should do the job. Looking at the back of the disc, it as it should be. Not nearly burned to the edge, not warped. Nothing wrong with the disc(s) whatsoever.

Pete
Forum Admin
The upcoming version should allow to recompress audio to AC3 for those who don't give a damn whether the sound is "HD" (I personally couldn't tell the difference anyway). AC3 is CBR, so size estimates should be dead on, video quality better due to FAR less audio waste.

I think this gentlemen is onto something. Space is being wasted somewhere or being misappropriated. I dunno, not my cup of tea. Just know without a doubt as of now, cloneBD will not burn a 2 hour + movie successfully to any 25GB blank media, have the logs and screenshots of larger ones that failed to burn altogether as proof. I'm a lifetime owner and I'm sure it'll get fixed. As of now, very annoying and time consuming.

Backed up the American (1 hour 45 mins). Plays over halfway thru and this one just totally freezes. Sound and video. CloneBD reported successful burn. Close to 2 hours. Reinstalling v.1030 b/c when it "sees" it can't burn, it says burn error but writes nothing to the blanks. At least don't lose them.

Last edited:
Well I tested 6 films today using 1.0.3.4 and all over 2 hours in length each and they all wrote to a SL BD-RE with no issues, tested them all using full disc mode with both HD and core audio as well as 'Movie only' again with HD and core audio and all wrote fine and play back fine on both my PC and set-top player. Only one I'm having issues with at the moment is Interstellar. 1.0.3.4 makes it way to small.

Have you gone into the settings of CloneBD and checked that the write speed is limited to 6x

Already explained why the bigger discs may be failing, due to them using more space on the disc and having to write to the outer edge, but you just don't want to hear that that could be the issue on why they fail to write

With the discs that you made that play back badly what happens if you try to rip that back to the hard drive, does it rip back OK or does it fail to rip?

There is an easy way to test if it's the CloneBD encode causing the issue. Tell CloneBD to keep the intermediate folder, then if the disc that CloneBD makes plays back badly you use PowerDVD to play back the Blu-ray from that folder. If that plays OK then you know that it's encoded OK. You could then use Imgburn to write those folders to a BD-R (Imgburn will warn you if it's too big to fit onto a SL BD-R)and see if it gives the same result. If playing from the folder works in PowerDVD but the burnt discs don't then it's a media/writing issue

Last edited:
Already explained why the bigger discs may be failing, due to them using more space on the disc and having to write to the outer edge, but you just don't want to hear that that could be the issue on why they fail to write

There's no "may be" about it. Guess you didnt read where I said they completed the write process as normal and did not write near the outer edge. Like I said if they were bad then they would fail on any given movie. I don't use generic discs, but only those very highly rated.

Just like the the AV, you're mistaken. No shame in that, unless you walk on water. It's the program. Why else would they fool around with the capacity slider bar? If you bothered to read what Pete said, he's admitting a problem is there. I'm wagering it'll be taken care of soon, but it's broke now.

Well I tested 6 films today using 1.0.3.4 and all over 2 hours in length each and they all wrote to a SL BD-RE with no issues, tested them all using full disc mode with both HD and core audio as well as 'Movie only' again with HD and core audio and all wrote fine and play back fine on both my PC and set-top player.

Oooh so you "tested" and watched 6 movies over 2 hours each on a PC and a BR Player today? That's at minimum over 12 hours plus the hours spent on the one that didn't work? C'mon

BTW, as we speak I'm getting a backup of Into the Woods, using DL media that I'm willing to bet will be just fine, the same movie that failed on 25 GB media an hour or so ago. Just watched it completely, kinda for pre-teens but fine on DL.

Consider this, if it was all this bad media why aren't the 50GB ones ever failing?? You're good at "towing the company line". But when somethings wrong - and it is - comes a time to call a spade a spade. It shouldn't have to come to using DL media on 2 hour movies.

I've had it with bad burns, Costing me entirely too much time, not to mention blanks. Using only 50GB DL until they fix the program. BTW, was a good conversation going last night. Nice to hear about cinavia then wham...??

Last edited:
There's no "may be" about it. Guess you didnt read where I said they completed the write process as normal and did not write near the outer edge. Like I said if they were bad then they would fail on any given movie. I don't use generic discs, but only those very highly rated.
Yes I did read it, that's why I also added in the part about what happens if you try ripping back those faulty playback discs to the hard drive and the rest of the post about getting CloneBD to keep the intermediate folder so you can check the play back from folder if a disc burn plays back faulty and try burning using Imgburn if the folder plays fine but the written disc doesn't or if CloneBD comes up with a failed to write error when it gets to the end of burning a disc, but I guess you decided to just ignore those standard trouble shooting steps.

Just like the the AV, you're mistaken. No shame in that, unless you walk on water. It's the program. Why else would they fool around with the capacity slider bar? If you bothered to read what Pete said, he's admitting a problem is there. I'm wagering it'll be taken care of soon, but it's broke now.
Again you have no proof it's just the program, just your supposition. If it was just the program then I would be having the same issues across all my machines with films over 2 hours long which I'm not neither are my work colleagues. The size problem Pete refers to is where it makes it either to small so it doesn't use as much space as it could or to big to fit onto a SL-BD-R. your Gran Torino issue was neither of those it was a write failure, but not due to an oversize issue but due to a write error on the disc when it got to the outer edge. On that disc CloneBD tried to write to a part of the disc that it should have been allowed to write to, your burner returned a write failure code so it failed the burn, as I've said before that's not a CloneBD error that's a disc write failure. What Elby are trying to do by reducing the size is to allow for poor manufacturing of discs on the outer edge. As I've said before if the discs were manufactured properly you wouldn't have received that write error as the disc still had over 100MB of writable space. It's just you don't seem to be able to grasp the concept that Elby are having to reduce the size of the output to allow for that manufacturing defect. If the discs were manufactured properly then your Gran Torino would have written fine.

If you actually look at your logfiles you can see the difference between an overburn where it tries to write to much information and a standard write failure. Notorious which was made using an earlier version of CloneBD which was known to have issues actually states in the log the reason why it failed which is due to it trying to burn more data than a standard BD-R can hold.

Oooh so you "tested" and watched 6 movies over 2 hours each on a PC and a BR Player today? That's at minimum over 12 hours plus the hours spent on the one that didn't work? C'mon
Yes I can easily encode multiple films and play back multiple films at once. I build systems for a living and as I build them for video editors I have as many as 15-20 systems running at once with access to multiple set top players and a bank of TV screens attached as testing DVD and Blu-ray writing and playback is something I do on a daily basis which is why I can test so many at once using different versions of Windows. It's also how I know what to look for when trouble shooting write failures. On your Gran Torino log it returned a write failure due to a write error on the disc, on your log for Notorious from an earlier CloneBD it returned a write error due to it trying to overburn the disc. In that case it was because it tried to write to much to the disc, but the Gran Torino was just a standard write error due to the media.

Consider this, if it was all this bad media why aren't the 50GB ones ever failing?? You're good at "towing the company line". But when somethings wrong - and it is - comes a time to call a spade a spade. It shouldn't have to come to using DL media on 2 hour movies.
It's a completely different type of media and therefore has different burn protocols inside the drives firmware, that's why. Normally when writing DL media unless it's going to fill the disc entirely it doesn't normally fill the whole of the of each layer, so again unless it has to fill it completely it doesn't always burn to the outer edges, plus decent DL media tends to have a better manufacturing process than SL due to the extra layer that has to be added, although DL media can still seem to write fine but when either verified or ripped back to the hard drive can have disc failures at the layer break which don't show up during the writing process. You also find that different brands of discs behave differently due to them using different dyes. Each of these burn protocols are stored in the firmware of the drive so the drive in theory knows what to do when it reads the dye information off the header on the blank disc. This is why decent drive manufacturers release new firmwares to tweak burn settings for various dyes and to add new ones.

I don't have to 'Tow the company line' I don't work for Slysoft or Elby. What I am trying to get across and obviously failing due to your blinkered view is that the write failure on that particular film was down to the media. As to why the others that come out smaller aren't working I gave a few basic trouble shooting steps which I would suggest to any of my customers to test out reasons why it could be failing which you chose to ignore.

What Blu-ray writer make and model are you using? What firmware version is it using?

Hopefully one of the mods will move our posts into a separate thread as our discussion has nothing to do with the OP's problem and should have been started in a new thread rather than hijacking another.

Last edited:
Yes I did read it, that's why I also added in the part about what happens if you try ripping back those faulty playback discs to the hard drive and the rest of the post about getting CloneBD to keep the intermediate folder so you can check the play back from folder if a disc burn plays back faulty and try burning using Imgburn if the folder plays fine but the written disc doesn't or if CloneBD comes up with a failed to write error when it gets to the end of burning a disc, but I guess you decided to just ignore those standard trouble shooting steps.

Thanks for the suggesstions, but why should I waste more time? If cloneBD worked as intended you know as well as I none of above or any other of your myriad of excuses or workarounds would be necessary. I paid $100 4 months ago for this program and expecting it to work as advertised this far since going live isn't outrageous.

OK, I'll grant you in one or two fails it may be a bad disc, since neither one of us can prove it.

But I'm talking every single movie around or over 2 hours. Not one burned successfully. The fact everyone of those 15-20 failures with top of the line media is highly unlikely. You're problem is you've convinced yourself that's what's wrong, just like the Antivirus guess, and now have blinders on.

Again you have no proof it's just the program.....What Elby are trying to do by reducing the size is to allow for poor manufacturing of discs on the outer edge.

An educated guess but nothing more. Wanna see more proof it's the program? I'll be happy to show you as I've saved a bunch of failures. I suspect it's not quite that simple or would have been addressed by now. Why do you suppose they tried to adjust the space if it's a bad disc problem and again, why only me?

It may not be just the program but it's not every single disc bad either, and only when 2 hour movies are attempted and some of them don't go near the outer edge. All either of us know is it's a space problem for sure, but on the other hand you insist that it's only my disc's problem. Can't have it both ways.

Gran Torino issue was neither of those it was a write failure, but not due to an oversize issue but due to a write error on the disc when it got to the outer edge.

Gran Turino ---> 01:19:50.667 | 01:19:50.667 | -------------BURN TO DISC-----------
01:19:50.667 | Burn engine start
01:19:50.986 | Burn to drive: H:
01:19:50.986 | Medium: Writable Blu-ray Disc BD-R
01:19:50.986 | Space used: 0
01:19:50.986 | Space available: 25025314816

Of course it's not gonna fit and should have stopped right there, like with v1030 which BTW is the most disc friendly version out. Will not burn if it detects it won't fit, newer ones do, ruining media.

What Blu-ray writer make and model are you using? What firmware version is it using?

LG WH14NS40 x 2

1 of them, the one I do the writing on, was one firmware release behind. Updated now and will try 1 more time with a 25 GB blank and 2 hour movie. Hopefully you've found something that could cause things to go awry. We'll see. That's kind of thing that happens when you take the blinders off.

Doing all the Hobbit's now and not gonna waste that kind of time on a 25GB that probably will fail anyway....later today I'll get back with you on results. Thanks.

Hopefully one of the mods will move our posts into a separate thread as our discussion has nothing to do with the OP's problem and should have been started in a new thread rather than hijacking another.

I dunno his ran for over an hour, mine for 10 minutes. Both failed. This sounds familiar too.....

Winroc, I'm experiencing the same prob with St. Vincent using 1.0.3.4. Tried to rip and encode just the movie. 15MB gets ripped, and the program says it is successfully completed. Tried full disk, and CloneBD ripped about 2 gigs, and said it had successfully completed the task. Tried using ImgBurn, it ripped and burned everything perfectly, but to a DL Disc.

However if you wan't the thread moved, OK with me, as long as I can find it.
Hint: Try breaking your dissertations up into paragraphs, much easier to read :)

Last edited:
You missed off the the first line from that log where it gives the actual file size to be burnt to disc
01:19:50.667 | Total size of generated files: 24894983929 bytes
01:19:50.667 | ---------------------------------------
01:19:50.667 | -------------BURN TO DISC-----------
01:19:50.667 | Burn engine start
01:19:50.986 | Burn to drive: H:
01:19:50.986 | Medium: Writable Blu-ray Disc BD-R
01:19:50.986 | Space used: 0
01:19:50.986 | Space available: 25025314816
That file size should fit as it's smaller than the disc size. As I have already said before I've written discs with less spare space and they've worked.
It's not a case of having blinders, if anything it seems you have them as you're not even prepared to admit that the file size is smaller than the writable disc size even though it clearly is and I've pointed this out multiple times.

You also seem to be taking 2 separate issues and turning them into 1. The writing error on discs written right to the edge is completely different to those that don't get a write error and don't go all the way to the edge.
The first issue is as explained usually down to defects on the edge of the disc. If you get this you could try loading the intermediate folder into Imgburn, put a new blank into the drive and get Imgburn to check the size against a blank. If Imgburn thinks it can burn the folders to disc then the size is fine for a SL BD-R and it's just a standard write error. (you do not need to actually write the disc just get Imgburn to calculate the size)

The second issue could be down to an encoding issue or down to a burn issue which is why I said to keep the intermediate folder and if you get a bad play back then to try playing the folder in PowerDVD. If the folder plays back corrupt then it's an encoding issue. If the folder plays back fine then try playing back the faulty disc in PowerDVD. If that plays back corrupt then it's a burning issue, if that plays back fine in PowerDVD but not on a set-top box then that's what you need to report back to Elby.

As to the OP of this thread he isn't attempting to write to disc, he's having issues when encoding and it stops after 10 mins not when it's writing which is why I suggested out posts get moved out of this thread.

Last edited:
I moved these posts out of the other thread.
Please don't hijack other peoples threads, especially if your problem is an entirely different one.

Those write errors: we do quite some internal testing here and have yet to experience our first write error.
If in doubt, you can try to create an ISO file instead and then burn it using ImgBurn (free).
If it turns out that you constantly get write errors using CloneBD and not a one using ImgBurn, then CloneBD may need some improvement in that area.
But CloneBD actually mimics a lot of what ImgBurn does, because ImgBurn is such a neat burning tool. Therefore, I'd be surprised.

Don't get this wrong, we're really sorry, that you're experiencing such trouble, but without being able to reproduce it, it's difficult to fix, I'm sure, you'll understand.
There are still quite a few issues everybody at SlySoft is working really hard on. I'm sure, the most annoying problems are going to be history soon.
Many people underestimate the complexity of things.

Sorry about the thread, the fact Into the Woods video froze and audio continued like a radio was similar. Then the other stuff came up. Won't happen again.

Don't get this wrong, we're really sorry, that you're experiencing such trouble, but without being able to reproduce it, it's difficult to fix, I'm sure, you'll understand.

I've sent a bunch of logs of failed burns to elby, as they popup, and also on a support ticket to Slysoft. Included screenshots, anything relevant or remotely helpful IMO. I was never told it was something else, rather that they were aware of it and working on the solution.

Those write errors: we do quite some internal testing here and have yet to experience our first write error.
If in doubt, you can try to create an ISO file instead and then burn it using ImgBurn (free).
If it turns out that you constantly get write errors using CloneBD and not a one using ImgBurn, then CloneBD may need some improvement in that area.
But CloneBD actually mimics a lot of what ImgBurn does, because ImgBurn is such a neat burning tool. Therefore, I'd be surprised.

Don't know how Imgburn compresses ISO ripped by anyDVD HD. I tried it once Imgburn said the image was too big. That's why I haven't used it. It would surprise me if you can take say MI-IV burn it and watch it on a 25GB blank media, using anyDVD HD and cloneBD. Here's what I got.....

View attachment MI4-fail.zip

There are still quite a few issues everybody at SlySoft is working really hard on. I'm sure, the most annoying problems are going to be history soon.

Yeah like what I'm experiencing. Every single movie close to 2 hours or more yields a burn failure unless I use the DL media. Every one. Keep hearing bad discs but hard to believe every one bad and only bad if 2 hours or more. Just doesn't seem logical. Never had that problem with DVD's. They were compressed as far as necessary to fit the 4.7 GB Blanks. That's whats missing here.

Many people underestimate the complexity of things.

Including Elby?? Maybe jumped the gun on this one :) :confused:

Just noticed updated version was released yesterday, maybe that will solve this 2 hour "barrier" I've encountered. Gonna try now. BTW, thanks for the advice, much obliged.

You also seem to be taking 2 separate issues and turning them into 1. The writing error on discs written right to the edge is completely different to those that don't get a write error and don't go all the way to the edge.

It's the other way around, I have only one issue, and that is 2 hour movies won't burn at all on ANY 25GB blank media and movies close to 2 hours play to a point then video freezes and audio continues, like a radio.. Movies hour and a half long or so back up perfectly. That's it, one issue.

Also those numbers you showed are sooo close, opening the door for variables like what the Elby guy who jumped in the other night said about the VBR sound taking up more space than expected. That could explain the burn failure you put up. VBR/HD sound is used. Those kind of things are programming issues and we can't account for them. Who know what else maybe "stealing space" enough to cause a burn failure with longer movies.

You're complicating things when the bottom line is cloneBD just doesn't compress to fit like cloneDVD did. It doesn't matter with DL media not because they're made differently but they are as big as the original and compression is not an issue. That is why they work every time. Has nothing at all to do with bad discs or they would randomly fail, not just 2 hour movies. That's it in a nutshell.

I see a new release came out yesterday, maybe that will help. Gonna find out now. Wow a second release. Hope these finally end this. Saw cinavia not there yet.

Last edited:
No, they are still 2 different issues. One is a write failure due to getting close to the edge of the disc, the other is either an encoding issue or a bad burn that doesn't show as a write error. They are definitely 2 different issues.
The first can be fixed by them trying to make the shrink smaller so it doesn't try to write to the outer edge (which they appear to have already done with some of your movies).

The second depends on whether it's actually an encode error or just a bad burn which can be checked by following the steps I suggested earlier. As you've already said, you have some 2+ hour movies that are no longer writing to the outer edge of the disc but don't play back properly, so for those movies they've already fixed the size issue so now it's down to whether the encode is bad or the burn is bad which you can check by playing back the intermediate folder in PowerDVD and if that plays fine try burning with Imgburn instead.
When it comes the the actual writing to the disc it's just a series of 1's a 0's the burner doesn't care if it's video, stills, documents or anything else as all it sees is a stream of numbers that it burns onto the surface of the disc which is why Pete suggested using Imgburn to eliminate the CloneBD burning engine. So by checking the intermediate folder to make sure the encode is good and then writing using Imgburn you narrow down which part is causing the issue.

As Pete said They can't trouble shoot the issue as they aren't seeing it in their office and neither are we on our systems. If it was purely down to CloneBD then we'd also be getting it happening on all ours just as you are but we don't.

I'll give Ghost protocol a try myself in the morning

Don't know how Imgburn compresses ISO ripped by anyDVD HD. I tried it once Imgburn said the image was too big.

ImgBurn doesn't compress. You run the disc through CloneBD as usual but you change the output to an ISO image. Then once CloneBD has finished you can burn that ISO image using ImgBurn.
You will then know for sure where the problem lies (as Adbear/Pete have already suggested :) )

Just rolled a system back to using 1.0.3.4 to test with MI Ghost Protocol. CloneBD failed burn on first 2 discs with a write error then passed on the third, so I then took the folder into Imgburn which told me the disc would be 99% full. Imgburn failed the burn at the end of the first disc with a write error and passed on the second. So in both pieces of software it was possible to burn a disc as long as the disc didn't have any defects at the very outer edge.

I'm now going to update that system to 1.0.3.6 and test again with the same film

Last edited:
ImgBurn doesn't compress. You run the disc through CloneBD as usual but you change the output to an ISO image. Then once CloneBD has finished you can burn that ISO image using ImgBurn.
You will then know for sure where the problem lies (as Adbear/Pete have already suggested :) )

People suggested, you told me how - and I thank you. As I said above and previously in other threads, I couldn't get Imgburn to compress, so I gave up. Much obliged ddjmagic

When it comes the the actual writing to the disc it's just a series of 1's a 0's the burner doesn't care if it's video, stills, documents or anything else as all it sees is a stream of numbers that it burns onto the surface of the disc which is why Pete suggested using Imgburn to eliminate the CloneBD burning engine.

Pete also suggested removing the VBR to reduce "space", which is an option on new version. So there's more to it than meets the eye. May be all 1's and 0's but with HD sound, space seems to vary (Vbr). No surprise about MI-IV failing how many times? How can there be no problem when you finally actually tried what I did with similar results, except you continued to waste blanks but I chose to move to 50 GB where I knew it'll work. Why would I make up stories anyway?

Getting low on blanks, just bought only 50 GB DL. Last night, tried The American (2010 Clooney) 1 hour 45 mins. Played a bit over halfway through and froze up completely, this with v.1036. Trying 300 - Rise of an Empire (2014) 1 hour 42 mins, with all traces of HD sound disabled, as audio core only even is greyed out on new version and only covert to AC3 is an option! That proves sound is causing space issues, as Pete suggested rather plainly. No reason this should fail or freeze up, although it's close to 2 hours. I'll know soon enough. Using a 25 GB blank to see what happens.

Will let you know....

Actually what I did was prove that it was a write failure on the outer edge of the discs just as I've been saying all along. Even in Imgburn it tells me that the folder created should fit on the disc as it uses 99% of available space and that also failed on 1 of 2 discs due to manufacturing flaws on the outer edge of the disc. So it's not a problem with CloneBD's burning engine as Imgburn has the same issue.

Last edited:
Just rolled a system back to using 1.0.3.4 to test with MI Ghost Protocol. CloneBD failed burn on first 2 discs with a write error then passed on the third, so I then took the folder into Imgburn which told me the disc would be 99% full. Imgburn failed the burn at the end of the first disc with a write error and passed on the second. So in both pieces of software it was possible to burn a disc as long as the disc didn't have any defects at the very outer edge.

I'm now going to update that system to 1.0.3.6 and test again with the same film

It may be possible but I don't think cloneBD was designed to work that way. Most people would give up after 1 or 2 failures anyway for that very reason. I didn't buy Imgburn so what happened with that program doesn't really matter here. It's just another option, as are ISO's, 50GB media, other unmentionable programs etc. You just proved what I said was happening all along. Try some more around that length and I see no reason that you won't get similar results. You say bad discs, I say unfinished program.

Just curious.....
Did you actually watch the movies all the way through that finally "passed"?

Imgburn is free.

But as I said the write failures are due to poorly manufactured discs. I've never disagreed that CloneBD should try and make the shrink smaller to avoid the outer edges, but as I've also said if the discs were manufactured correctly then the burns that failed would have worked as well. Imgburn clearly states that the shrink uses 99% of the available disc space but also failed to burn on 1 of the discs.

Yes I did watch the discs that worked and they play fine. As do the copies of Interstellar that I've made and that film is 2 hours 49 mins long.

It may be possible but I don't think cloneBD was designed to work that way. Most people would give up after 1 or 2 failures anyway for that very reason. I didn't buy Imgburn so what happened with that program doesn't really matter here. It's just another option, as are ISO's, 50GB media, other unmentionable programs etc. You just proved what I said was happening all along. Try some more around that length and I see no reason that you won't get similar results. You say bad discs, I say unfinished program.

Just curious.....
Did you actually watch the movies all the way through that finally "passed"?

Adbear actually and clearly DID prove, that the problem are the discs. And yes: those discs should be writable right to the very edge, they have a certain specified and advertised capacity, period.
It can be a problem with your burner as well (I have two burners here, that simply can't write far into the second layer of a BD50 blank, even though they should - they do everything else just fine).

But if you have that problem, simply use the size slider in CloneBD yourself to reduce the output size a bit further (admittedly requires using the same drive for reading as for writing, because otherwise CloneBD will lock the size, but it's a possibility).
Or reduce writing speed. It's all possible.

Of course Imgburn's free I was trying to point out this isn't about Imgburn BDR or anything else that works. It's about cloneBD failing with long movies, as you saw yourself. Again, most people aren't going to try more than once or twice for a correct backup and shouldn't have to. IMO if discs are indeed the problem, cloneBD should compensate for it, as it appears they're striving to do.

Said earlier I was burning 300 - Rise of an Empire (2014 1 hour 42 minutes) on 25GB media.
Here's what's happened so far.

300 - Rise of an Empire - 4.60GB ---> crash, no blue screen, PC shuts off
300 - Rise of an Empire_1 - 3.69GB ---> crash, no blue screen, PC shuts off
300 - Rise of an Empire_2 - 3.97GB ---> crash, no blue screen, PC shuts off
300 - Rise of an Empire_3 - 5.78GB ---> crash, no blue screen, PC shuts off
300 - Rise of an Empire_4 - 2.24GB ---> crash, no blue screen, PC shuts off

Stated core only option was greyed out before, now sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. Crashing in read mode, guess this is bad discs too. If new upgrade cause of all these crashes (never before) more trouble. Gonna try 50GB media just for fun, don't see how that would matter here. The fun ever ends. Wasted all day so far not even getting to burn stage. I guess now all of a sudden my PC is bad when only change was installing cloneBD upgrade! Could be time to try Imgburn or go back to working v1030.

Two LG burners but they only fail on 2 hour movies using 25 GB media and never fail with 50 GB media or any standard DVD's? Possible but not probable. Burn music onto DVD's as full as will fit, down to a few MB of space NP. Those things lead me to believe they are OK. Firmware latest. Had writing speed set to 4, slowest it will go if it gets there. Have fairly new higher-end PC so normally that's OK b/c it reads fast .

I agree with you Pete about anything being possible but as you've seen a lot of things going wrong 4 months after release. Don't get me wrong, I'm in for the long run and willing to wait it out. As I said before, if nobody says anything about these "issues" how can they be addressed? Just trying to help. Need input to solve stuff.

Last edited:
Back