• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD v1.0.8.7 HEVC fail with Broadwell-E due to high thread count

Sabertooth

Clone BD v1.0.8.7 tested and still fails to process HEVC with a Broadwell-E 20-core (10 actual/10 virtual) i7-6950x due to the high thread count. Log attached for Unbreakable.

Previously reported under v1.0.8.4 here.

Attachments

• Unbreakable_CloneBD_Broadwell-E_HEVC_Fail.zip
    139.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Clone BD v1.0.8.7 tested and still fails to process HEVC with a Broadwell-E 20-core (10 actual/10 virtual) i7-6750x due to the high thread count. Log attached for Unbreakable.

Previously reported under v1.0.8.4 here.
It somehow seems totally unfair if the reason actually is the 20 thread processor, you buy the best of the best, and it doesn't work on new tech, I have a 4960X and it works fine, I wanted the new 6950X but couldnt buy it due to lack of funds. My son has my older 3960X and it works fine on that also. I am sure there is something they can do if this is the problem. Are you sure its a 6750X , I cant find any specs on that processor. The 6950X is a $1600 processor. I have no idea what the 6750X even costs.

Last edited:
Are you sure its a 6750X

Thanks for the commiseration. Being a dumb ass, I , of course, typo'd the processor. It is a i7-6950x (edited the correction above). Unfortunately I saw something in the log about 16 threads and, if I set the processor affinity of the CloneBD process for 16 cores or threads, the HEVC transcoding will occur normally so it's definitely the thread count. Of course, I'd like it to use all 20 threads but, IMO, even if it doesn't use all 20 threads available, it shouldn't just choke and die.

Edit: Hehe, told the wife I was going to spend a little more than usual on this build as my last build was 3 and a half to 4 years ago with a 6-core 3930X. Pretty much went all out on this one and paired the 6950X with the GTX 1080 (over $2 grand, my usual build cost, just on those two items).

i7-6950x.jpg

Last edited:
I am awestruck, just by looking at the specs, the price, and the fact that this type of hardware exists.

I've got to save up and upgrade my rig as soon as possible.

Here's the full build:

i7-6950X Broadwell-E 10 Core Processor
cooled with Corsair Hydro Series H115i GTX 280mm Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
in an Asus X99 Deluxe II mainboard
with GSkill TridentZ 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3400 (PC27200) memory
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB PCIe 3 x4 SSD (2500MB/s seq reads and 1500 MB/s seq writes)
Zotac Geforce GTX 1080 AMP! Edition
also including some older stuff,
Mushkin SATA 3 480GB SSD
Sony Optiarc BD-5300s blu-ray rewriter
Pioneer BDR209UBK Blu-ray rewriter
Hitachi 2TB HDD
2x hot-swap 3.5" Drive bays
powered with EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80 Plus Platinum Modular PSU
housed in a Cooler Master Storm Trooper case
running Windows 10 Pro 1607 as the OS.

AsusBuild.jpg zotac.jpg2016-07-25 (1).png

Last edited:
Here's the full build:

i7-6950X Broadwell-E 10 Core Processor
cooled with Corsair Hydro Series H115i GTX 280mm Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
in an Asus X99 Deluxe II mainboard
with GSkill TridentZ 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3400 (PC27200) memory
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB PCIe 3 x4 SSD (2500MB/s seq reads and 1500 MB/s seq writes)
Zotac Geforce GTX 1080 AMP! Edition
also including some older stuff,
Mushkin SATA 3 480GB SSD
Sony Optiarc BD-5300s blu-ray rewriter
Pioneer BDR209UBK Blu-ray rewriter
Hitachi 2TB HDD
2x hot-swap 3.5" Drive bays
powered with EVGA SuperNOVA 80 Plus Platinum Modular PSU
house in a Cooler Master Storm Trooper case
running Windows 10 Pro 1607 as the OS.

View attachment 30550 View attachment 30551
I repeat: You have one sweet rig.

:D

I wish I had the money to rebuild my rig. It was once top of the line. No longer. LOL. Nice machine. Hope they get the threading issues worked out for you.

Just wish those damn 1080's would come in stock
I had a notification set and jumped on it as soon as the email arrived. By the time I finished the order and returned to the product page, the Zotac was already sold out. I had already completed the rest a couple weeks earlier. I have a 2560x1440 display and a 1920X1200 display connected. SLI not needed for that.

I preordered my Asus strix. Just waiting on stock and shipping. 2x 1080p nothing 1 1080 can't handle even on ultra settings gaming. Anyway, back on topic.

It's a coincidence, the problem is not processor related.

It's a coincidence, the problem is not processor related.

That's good news I expect. Does that mean a fix is in the pipeline? You'll understand if I got the wrong idea due to setting the processor affinity to 16 threads fixing the problem.

Edit: PS Let me know if you want me to test any proposed fix. Probably not a lot of testers out there with 20 threads.

Last edited:
I tracked down the problem and it actually is processor related, it's an issue with the HEVC encoder itself that will be fixed. I'm not sure if the AVC encoder has the same problem, I think it doesn't.

If you could make a short test run (less than 1 minute of video is long enough) by using an AVC encoder profile that would be a great help. Unfortunately I don't have access to a Broadwell-E core at the moment.

Nonetheless we will fix this issue soon.

I'm not sure if the AVC encoder has the same problem, I think it doesn't.

You are correct, no problems with AVC. All the same settings except video codec set to H.264/MPEG-4 AVC works fine (roughly @300 fps also :LOL:). Let me know if you require a log, special settings or any additional information.

Edit: Log sent to elby bugs to your attention for Spotlight. Conversion of main title with Eng language and subtitles to H.264/MPEG-4 AVC completed in 11:07 minutes for 36.11 GB to 9.85 GB. Even though it says only 75% CPU utilization I did see all cores functioning. View tested and verified working correctly.

Last edited:
You are correct, no problems with AVC. All the same settings except video codec set to H.264/MPEG-4 AVC works fine (roughly @300 fps also :LOL:). Let me know if you require a log, special settings or any additional information.

Edit: Log sent to elby bugs to your attention for Spotlight. Conversion of main title with Eng language and subtitles to H.264/MPEG-4 AVC completed in 11:07 minutes for 36.11 GB to 9.85 GB. Even though it says only 75% CPU utilization I did see all cores functioning. View tested and verified working correctly.
The new 7700K porocessors are coming, only 4 cores, 8 threads, but the new Z270 motherboards are awesome, built for storage minded people ( SSD) M.2 and PCI Express SSDs.
http://ranker.sisoftware.net/show_d...b68bbb9df5c8f8dea69bab8de88db080a6d5e8d0&l=en

The new 7700K porocessors are coming, only 4 cores, 8 threads, but the new Z270 motherboards are awesome, built for storage minded people ( SSD) M.2 and PCI Express SSDs.

Yes, they use the same new LGA2066 socket as the soon to be released Skylake-X Extreme processors (http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/intel-skylake-x/) which I was considering waiting for release. Ultimately i felt that I'd rather have the mature stable platform of the old x99 LGA 2011 v3 than deal with the early work out the bugs period of the new chipset and socket mainboards. They also have a lot more than 40 lanes of the old 2011 v3. Nice but it'll have to wait for my next upgrade cycle some years hence. Should be stable by then. :)

Back