• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD Update Alerts

drnogerms

Periodically I receive a desktop alert that a new version of AnyDVD HD is available (I just got one a few minutes ago). But I am not receiving desktop alerts about new versions of CloneBD.

In reviewing some of the CloneBD threads in this forum this morning, I discovered that CloneBD Version 1.1.5.1 was available. I downloaded and installed it, but I would not have even known it existed had I not visited the forum site.

So I question why I am not receiving desktop alerts about my CloneBD updates. I used to get them, why did they stop?

Periodically I receive a desktop alert that a new version of AnyDVD HD is available (I just got one a few minutes ago). But I am not receiving desktop alerts about new versions of CloneBD.

In reviewing some of the CloneBD threads in this forum this morning, I discovered that CloneBD Version 1.1.5.1 was available. I downloaded and installed it, but I would not have even known it existed had I not visited the forum site.

So I question why I am not receiving desktop alerts about my CloneBD updates. I used to get them, why did they stop?
Ì used to get those alerts from redfox but I would also query why Elby are not providing them.

The reason why you get AnyDVD desktop alerts is simple. AnyDVD (normally) is constantly active in the system task bar, thus automatically checks in the background for new versions and notifies you if there is one. CloneBD however is NOT constantly active in the background so it can't check and can't notify you. It never has been able to like that. It does have a setting to check for updates in the "settings" menu.

@Pete @Reto @Fabian

would it not be possible to make a small change to the update settings and change it from "check for updates" (on which you have no control over the frequency it does, for all we know it could be once a month) to something like this

Static text with checkbox: Check for updates
If checkbox enabled: Dropdown selection useable with values

- on every program start
- once a day
- once a week
- once a month

Perhaps even with a time selection possible as to when it should do the checking

@antipodes RedFox has NEVER sent out e-mail alerts for anydvd if that's what you're talking about. This was because they never had access to the entire customer e-mail database and anydvd has a built-in checking mechanism to do the notifying.

Ch3vr0n is correct, e-mail alerts were never sent out by RedFox , for any program, AnyDVDHD included. You can check here or Myce, or about 5 other websites for updates. Or just turn on your computer , it will notify you when an Offical update is released.

CloneDVD/CD/BD will inform you about updates, if you start it.

Typically, I am not connected to the internet when I use these products. Will they inform me about updates when not on the internet? Or only when I am connected?

Follow-up: My ISP (Dish Network) will not allow me to connect to redfox.bz, although it will allow me to connect to the forum.
I just tried opening CloneCD/DVD/BD via Dish Network and, of course, I was blocked. That may explain why my update notices have stopped.
Guess I will have to continue to use Tor for everything related to redfox.bz.

Back