• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD stops and aborts when I select the processing button

David Swartz

System: ASUS Z97-A ,CPU I7 4790K 4GHz;
OS Win 7 Home Prem 64Bit;
OS installed on HHD;
Scratch Drive: holds the "Target" (or Source BDMV folder) and the "Temp Folder" (or Working Folder
where the data is stored during the transcoding process).
The Scratch Drive is a RAID 0 of two 500GB SSDs mounted on an Apricorn Velocity Duo adapter.

I always check for and install the latest version of all software.
History: I had this system built in Feb 2015 and tested for stability for 36hrs+ with full updates. However, the Source and
Working folders were on the HHD. I experienced zero anomalies thru mid 2016.
I then purchased the SSDs and the Velocity Duo adapter and installed it in early summer 2016.
I had no anomalies in the first few months of use. Then gradually the subject anomaly became continuous.
My present (temporary) solution to the subject anomaly:
1. Proceed thru all of the proper steps required by CloneBD as if expecting nothing but normal operation.
2. Shutdown the computer via CTRL/ALT/DEL when Processing Aborts.
3. Restart the computer, open CloneBD, proceed thru each step as before without changing anything.
4. When I get to Conversion (and actually press the Conversion button) the CloneBD program will not let me
continue because some kind of data has been written to the Working folder and must be cleared.
5. After I clear the Working Folder by pressing the clear button the program starts and Graph is functional
and I get a cup of fine fresh brewed Italian Espresso from my new Espresso Machine.

This program stop has been the saving item for me as it is only a round about way to continue to get the job done.
But, it has become a real nuisance. Can this be corrected?

Have you considered that it may be the Apricorn adapter that's causing the issue? What happens if you set the temp folders in CloneBD to a standard internal connection instead?

Also if you look in device manager what driver is installed for the Apricorn card? I would probably expect it to show up under storage controllers as a Marvel 9230

Last edited:
First, listen to Adbear, he has some experience with hardware issues.

2. Shutdown the computer via CTRL/ALT/DEL when Processing Aborts.
Do you have any more detailed information about this abort? Message? Cause according to log file?

Adbear/Pete Thank you for responding to my plea. Adbear; Yes, the controller is a Marvel 9230. What is or is not the significance?
Pete; Only message was Do you want to quit? CloneBD is processing your movie! (But waiting for the end of processing never happened.)
Never tried to generate a log file as the program (appeared to?) stop functioning.
I'm a Greenhorn, your suggestions will take a bit of time for me to complete.

Following Adbear's suggestion, I moved the temp folders to the HHD. I then used a single layer old BD movie to activate CloneBD program. No change. IE, the anomaly remained as before. For the next test step I removed the Apricorn Velocity Duo Raid 0 Card and proceeded to repeat activating the CloneBD program with the same single layer BD movie. Bingo! Anomaly did not show its ugly head. I believe the source of my problem has been found. I will verify with additional tests over the next few days
I sure would like to hear Adbear's thoughts on the Marvel 9230 controller.

Adbear: I have received additional info from ASUS (mother board) and Apricorn which requires further testing.

Adbear: The response from Apricorn Support; "It looks like your motherboard has a Marvell 9182 chipset. We have found compatibility issues with this chipset and the 9182 and 9230 chipsets that the X2 and Duo use. I recommend updating the 9182 chipset on your mobo. You may contact ASUS for this update."

"Neither Apricorn nor Marvell offer a driver update at this time (only 1 driver, only 1 firmware)."

"BIOS version is 1.0.0.1022, firmware is 2.3.0.1057. Windows applies the standard Microsoft AHCI driver version 10.0.14393.206 ."

I worked with Asus Support to update per the recommendation. My testing after update produced NO change. The anomaly is as it was before!

I guess I shall become very good friends with CTRL/ALT/DEL.

Back