• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD speed

Thanks pal will do. Ive started ripping transformers to image. I right clicked AnydvdHd icon and selected rip to image.
Then use VCD to play?
That sound about right?

sent from my xperia z3

sent from my xperia z3

yes, that will simplify the process. Divide and conquer! good luck :)

Cheers pal. I'll be in touch. You get some rest ;)

sent from my xperia z3

Glad to help. I'm in California though, It's only 1pm :). My advice it to start a new thread in the CloneBD forum with log files if you're still having problems.

Glad to help. I'm in California though, It's only 1pm :). My advice it to start a new thread in the CloneBD forum with log files if you're still having problems.
Thank you. Ive got 1 log file so far using anydvd.
I will get that cloneBD one. Thats the one im wanting to crack :) thanks buddy.

sent from my xperia z3

Looks like you are using LTH (Low To High) discs, LTH discs are notoriously bad for read/writing. I'd recommend getting some new disc that use HTL (High To Low) and have a dark underside as they are much more reliable and have a longer shelf life
Thank you, i will add that to the list cheers.

sent from my xperia z3

I noticed that too. Why is CloneBD re-encoding when no compression is necessary? That's bound to lead to problems as well as much wasted time and cpu crunching. Also, the mandatory preview wastes a lot of resources and time too.

I agree. I'm not asking CloneBD to do anything other than take the files I've gotten from AnyHD and create a file structure with just the main movie and the subtitle/sound I've selected. No compression, just a straight rip. It's currently taking me more than the length of the film to do this. When I rip a DVD, it doesn't take me 2+ hours to write the file structure without compression.. why is BD any different? Why does CloneBD make you watch the movie when CloneDVD doesn't?

I have handbrake set up with presets specifically for my devices already set up. I can understand having the option for CloneBD to do this internally for some of its customers, but for those of us who just want a clean no compression rip, it should do so quickly and efficiently.

My .02

3 Attemps at MKV convertion 1080P and all hang

I have tried 3 rips so far and all have hung and failed to complete.
Two from ISO and one from a BD.

Right now, Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit is stuck at 7% on my I7.
When it hangs, the CPU drops from 100% to 16%.

I used DVDFab in the past to rip to MKV without transcoding and it flies.
There should be a pass-through without transcoding; CPU's everywhere will breath a sigh of relief.

- Rich

I have tried 3 rips so far and all have hung and failed to complete.
Two from ISO and one from a BD.

Right now, Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit is stuck at 7% on my I7.
When it hangs, the CPU drops from 100% to 16%.

I used DVDFab in the past to rip to MKV without transcoding and it flies.
There should be a pass-through without transcoding; CPU's everywhere will breath a sigh of relief.

- Rich

After 8 hours and 7%, the estimated completion time is now 9 hours and 51 minutes.
Time to kill the process.

Is there automatic notifications, like AnyDVD?
I'll try again next build.

- Rich

conversion speed

This afternoon I ripped God's not Dead BD to a hard drive folder with AnyDVD then converted it to a 8.2gb MKV with cloneBD the first time it started conversion it hung at "preparing" and never showed any progress after 15 min. I aborted it and it had made a 0 byte mkv file. I started it again and it went smoothly and finished in 25 min. and the file plays great.

Good speeds so far

Just tried a couple of BD's (CloneBD 1.0.2.5) to create mkv 720p (minimum green quality on the slider) and the results are very encouraging. 1280x720 is the native resolution of my BenQ W500 projector, so anything higher is a waste of time for me.

Shrek Forever After DD5.1 from BDMV folder <1 hour = 6.16GB
Men In Black 3 from mounted ISO DD5.1 ~55 minutes = 7.11GB
Both from and to (and Temp) different SataII drives.

Flawless playback - very happy camper considering how long it took with ClownBD or BDRebuilder (after TSMuxing and the still required rip to protected image with AnyDvd HD). Considering that TMT6 can upconvert from even lower resolutions to an acceptable quality I did the minimum 360p for comparison - it only took ~28 minutes.

As mentioned elsewhere just minimize CloneBD if you don't want the preview and disable beaver animation to remove the animations. Always went quicker back in the day with CloneDvd2 when the sheep wasn't around ;)

All those years I put in alpha testing CloneBd / Slyce / Chameleon / BumbleBee finally paid off 8)

Asus P6T (over 5 years old)
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHz (CPU usage ~98%)
6GB DDR3-1066 (usage 2.25GB)
Radeon 4830 512MB dxva enabled
Win7 Ultimate 64bit

Last edited:
Inconsistent results

Hi All,

I tried converting two different BD movies to .iso and I have gotten wildly different results.

The first successful .iso creation was "Argo" which is about two hours long. It took a total of 28 mins. The second attempt was with "Das Boot" (3hrs 28mins) and this attempt failed the first time and took between 5 and 6 hours. I'm not sure because I had to go to bed.

My second attempt to convert "Das Boot" is going much better now (I think). The change I made was to uncheck the DXVA video hardware acceleration. The CPU use has gone from a max of 12% to a max of 20% accross all cores. It's currently at 6% and the estimated remaining time is now 41 mins. The elapsed time has stopped updating so I'm not sure how long it's been going now.

Below is a summary of my system hardware. It's a reasonably fast system so converting a decrypted Blue Ray movie should not take 5 to 6 hours. Using the other movie as a benchmark, it should take about 50 mins. We shall see...

Mainboard: Asus M5A99X EVO AMI 1708 04/10/2013
CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor 4.21GHz (Parking disabled)
Memory: 16GB DIMM DDR3 2x 824MHz (1.65GHz)
Video: 2x AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series (SM5.0 920MHz, 2GB 1GHz, PCIe 2.00 x16)
(C:): 466GB (NTFS) @ TRO-SSD7-500GB-PRO 500.1GB (SATA600, SSD, NCQ) - (tmp DVD folder)
(E:): 3TB (NTFS) @ WDC WD30EZRX-00MMMB0 (3TB, SATA600, 3.5", NCQ) - (DVD image folder)
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

I'm was doing a 1:1 partial copy from a BD folder structure to an ISO. The dumux-remux process was exceedingly slow. It was playing the complete movie in the window while it was doing the processing (why would I care to see that?). I took a chance and killed the Drone.libav.exe process and the video playback went away - and the processing speed doubled or tripled. I had to kill it again when I processed the next BD, but that's a small price for such a nice increase in processing speed.

I'm not sure what the benefit will be if you do this during an actual transcoding, but it doesn't hurt to try - right?

It still takes way to long to do a simple demux-remux, compared to other tools, but maybe that's something that can be improved in the near future.

elby: Please give us the option to turn off this playback - or maybe a setting to just put up a still every now and then, like CloneDVD2.

<bug> I also discovered that the elapsed time counter stoped when I paused processing, but did't start up again when I resumed. Even when I went to the next disc, it was still stuck at the old elapsed time.

Robert

I ripped Home Alone to a WD Green hard drive with AnyDVD using "Rip Video DVD to Harddisk". I used CloneBD to get the main movie only with no sub titles and English audio. I wanted the file to be ISO. I don't like to compress the video. CloneBD estimated 8.5 hours to complete. I let the thing run for 3.5 hours, and started looking at the forum to see why it was taking so long. After finding your post, I killed the Drone.libav.exe process. The estimated time started to drop immediately. So I stopped CloneBD, and started it up again. This time I killed Drone.libav.exe at the start of the conversion, and the ISO file was created in 35 minutes. Something is definitely going on when the video preview is running. Thank you for your post!

Machine Specs:
AMD A4-3400 APU 2.69 GHz
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT 512 MB DDR2
Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center

I ripped Home Alone to a WD Green hard drive with AnyDVD using "Rip Video DVD to Harddisk". I used CloneBD to get the main movie only with no sub titles and English audio. I wanted the file to be ISO. I don't like to compress the video. CloneBD estimated 8.5 hours to complete. I let the thing run for 3.5 hours, and started looking at the forum to see why it was taking so long. After finding your post, I killed the Drone.libav.exe process. The estimated time started to drop immediately. So I stopped CloneBD, and started it up again. This time I killed Drone.libav.exe at the start of the conversion, and the ISO file was created in 35 minutes. Something is definitely going on when the video preview is running. Thank you for your post!

Machine Specs:
AMD A4-3400 APU 2.69 GHz
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT 512 MB DDR2
Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center

I get two drone.libav.exe processes running when I try to create a 25GB BDMV folder structure and no matter which process I kill CloneBD immediately stops processing?

I killed the Drone.libav.exe process. The estimated time started to drop immediately. So I stopped CloneBD, and started it up again. This time I killed Drone.libav.exe at the start of the conversion, and the ISO file was created in 35 minutes. Something is definitely going on when the video preview is running.

That's a good catch if it works. I don't know why Elby doesn't put a switch in to turn off preview. It would save a lot of wasted time and score big points with the users.

Someone mentioned that if you minimize the program while it's running the preview stops and the processing speeds up. I haven't tried that, but not a very good solution as people do like to see some feedback.

Last edited:
I tried minimizing and no speed difference noticed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried minimizing and no speed difference noticed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for trying that. Have you tried the above suggestion of killing Drone.libav.exe at the start of a conversion? It could be a timing thing to kill it at the right
time.

Also, have you tried backing up with a target of 50GB using that method of killing the drone process? 35 minutes is not enough time to re-encode a blu ray.
So if you're re-encoding or shrinking, killing that process may not work. It's possible that two instances of the process are running while re-encoding as you suggest, and picking the right one to kill might work.

Seems like something that would be easy to fix on the next CloneBD release though and save a lot of grief. i.e. disable preview.

Last edited:
I get two drone.libav.exe processes running when I try to create a 25GB BDMV folder structure and no matter which process I kill CloneBD immediately stops processing?

[I don't know what all the various drone.libav.exe processes are doing, so please excuse my uninformed guessing here]

I'm not doing a transcode, so I only get one drone process for the preview, which apparently is buggy and bothersome in this case -- most of the time I get garbled or no preview and even if it works, it bogs down and stops after a minute or so.

If you're transcoding, for instance, shrinking the title down to fit on a 25GB disc, you get multiple drone processes, which are doing some important work and should not be killed.

I'm thinking that the preview is using the drone to convert the video stream for the preview and is sucking up a lot of CPU trying very hard to overcome the buggy preview.

Robert

Looks like you are using LTH (Low To High) discs, LTH discs are notoriously bad for read/writing. I'd recommend getting some new disc that use HTL (High To Low) and have a dark underside as they are much more reliable and have a longer shelf life
Dont suppose you could recommend any HTL BD-R discs.
Im after 25 SL :D

sent from my xperia z3

Back