• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD speed

kzar

I am trying to back up "Marvel's, The Avengers". I have a External LG 6X Blu-ray drive and a decent PC. Why is it taking almost 4 hours to do a 2 hour movie? As the thing is converting, the movie is playing very slow. It is almost like you have to watch the whole movie as you are copying it. Actually, I am backing up about 2.5 hours worth of movie and it is taking 4 hours. I am just doing "Movie" only without other stuff. I don't know if this is worth my time to do this. I haven't even started writing to the disc yet. Ugh!

Note: After searching for more info, I found that it does take a lot longer for Blu-rays. I guess I was just spoiled by how fast CloneDVD2 worked with backing up DVDs. So far, CloneBD is so easy to use and great quality. What's 4 hours worth?

Last edited:
As you've found it takes longer on Blu-rays as they are encoded in h264 not Mpeg 2. The speed will all be down to how fast your computer is for the encoding. I've found mine tend to encode faster than real-time, so for me 2.5 hour movie tends to take around 1.5 to 2 hours, but can vary.

Mine only took about 35 min. to copy Guardians of the Galaxy to a folder.

system info:
i7 5960x
32 gb ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
windows 8.1 x64

Mine only took about 35 min. to copy Guardians of the Galaxy to a folder.

system info:
i7 5960x
32 gb ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
windows 8.1 x64
Nice rig, but you should have shelled out a few more bucks for the 780Ti, 2880 Cude Cores, now that's transcoding helper LOL. But contrats on the rig, great specs, I am jealous.:)

I came in at about 1hr 10min to do GotG from an ISO to Xbox 360 file with down res to 720. I am running Dell laptop with i7 2720QM/8 GB RAM/NVS 4200M Graphics. All 8 cores are at 98-100 during the process.
EJ

Taladega Nights

I just popped in my only BlueRay disc I got when I bought my PS3 years ago. I was excited to try this new burner program out but...

I selected .mp4 format and the transcoding is taking 7 hours!

I'm running a i7 core processor with Win-7 64 bit.

How do I get this program to transcode faster?

Ron

I don't know what on Earth I could be doing wrong but, for me, Guardians of the Galaxy takes 20 hours to process. Other movies have taken 13 hours, 10 hours and 9 hours. I'm just straight up cloning the main feature: no change in quality or resolution, and generating an MP4 file as output.

I have an i7 3.8GHz CPU (8 cores), 16GB RAM and a GTX 670. For the entire duration of the transcode, CPU usage never climbs above 14%.

I have the DXVA video hardware acceleration turned on. Could that be the problem? I'm running CloneBD 1.0.2.2.

Edit: I re-started CloneBD with DXVA unchecked and tried again. No change in transcode time. Also no change in CPU usage, oddly enough.

Last edited:
Are you trying to create a backup, while running the disc in your Blu-ray drive?

I usually rip the disc to my hard drive with Anydvd HD, then encode to a smaller size from there as it takes less time as its already ripped.

If not it does sound that its taking rather longer than it should do! I'm running a i5 processor and it takes 1-2 hours to do a transcode with CloneBD.

Last edited:
Are you trying to create a backup, while running the disc in your Blu-ray drive?

I usually rip the disc to my hard drive with Anydvd HD, then encode to a smaller size from there as it takes less time as its already ripped.

If not it does sound that its taking rather longer than it should do! I'm running a i5 processor and it takes 1-2 hours to do a transcode with CloneBD.

I'm not running any backup software. I noticed, after closing CloneBD, that my free memory was zero (!) so something ate all my available RAM.

So I tried this again a little more carefully. I rebooted my machine. with nothing other than Skype running, I ran CloneBD. System monitor showed I had 10GB of free RAM (10114 MB). I began the conversion and the free memory dipped. CloneBD was using 171MB while libav was using 232MB. As the conversion goes on, I can see that libav is holding steady at 232MB but CloneBD memory usage is slowly climbing by roughly a MB per minute. It's been 11 minutes now and CloneBD is using an additional 14MB (185MB). So, perhaps Clone BD has a memory leak (it's using 187MB now).

Still, even with 9GB of free RAM, CloneBD is still telling me that the conversion will take 20 hours.

I'm not running any backup software. I noticed, after closing CloneBD, that my free memory was zero (!) so something ate all my available RAM.

So I tried this again a little more carefully. I rebooted my machine. with nothing other than Skype running, I ran CloneBD. System monitor showed I had 10GB of free RAM (10114 MB). I began the conversion and the free memory dipped. CloneBD was using 171MB while libav was using 232MB. As the conversion goes on, I can see that libav is holding steady at 232MB but CloneBD memory usage is slowly climbing by roughly a MB per minute. It's been 11 minutes now and CloneBD is using an additional 14MB (185MB). So, perhaps Clone BD has a memory leak (it's using 187MB now).

Still, even with 9GB of free RAM, CloneBD is still telling me that the conversion will take 20 hours.

What is the process you do, while trying to use CloneBD? Are you trying use the software with a disc in the drive with Anydvd running, or have you copied the disc to the hard drive?

What are your system specs, and what security software are you running?

Last edited:
It appears that CloneBD dont support Nvenc encoder yet.

I'm using a NVidia Geforce graphics card and I hav'nt had any problems with DXVA (x264) transcoding with CloneBD!

Last edited:
What is the process you do, while trying to use CloneBD? Are you trying use the software with a disc in the drive with Anydvd running, or have you copied the disc to the hard drive?

What are your system specs, and what security software are you running?

My system has an i7-3820 (8-core) clocked by dxdiag at 3.8GHz, 16GB RAM and an NVidia GTX 670 (4GB internal RAM).

1) Boot system (Windows 7), Skype will load and run, as will AnyDVD HD and Avast.
2) Once booted and AnyDVD has scanned the drive, run CloneBD. The disc is in the BD drive.
3) in CloneBD, I click on the drive (third icon on the right).
4) I click "Convert for a device". I leave everything else as it is (MP4 container, etc), and then "Continue".
5) I select the main feature and uncheck all subtitles. I click "Begin Conversion".

I've ripped stuff in the past using RipBot on this same machine and that tool never took more than two or three hours to rip anything.

Last edited:
I'm using a NVidia Geforce graphics card and I hav'nt had any problems with DXVA (x264) transcoding with CloneBD!

Dxva is not Nvenc. Dxva uses directx. Nvenc is new encoder(succesor of CUDA) of Nvidia cards.

My system has an i7-3820 (8-core) clocked by dxdiag at 3.8GHz, 16GB RAM and an NVidia GTX 670 (4GB internal RAM).

1) Boot system (Windows 7), Skype will load and run, as will AnyDVD HD and Avast.
2) Once booted and AnyDVD has scanned the drive, run CloneBD. The disc is in the BD drive.
3) in CloneBD, I click on the drive (third icon on the right).
4) I click "Convert for a device". I leave everything else as it is (MP4 container, etc), and then "Continue".
5) I select the main feature and uncheck all subtitles. I click "Begin Conversion".

I've ripped stuff in the past using RipBot on this same machine and that tool never took more than two or three hours to rip anything.

Have you tried ripping disc to hard drive, then processing with CloneBD?

May help with speed issues you are having?

Cant really see what would be causing slowdown, apart from processing from the Blu-ray drive!

Have you tried ripping disc to hard drive, then processing with CloneBD?

May help with speed issues you are having?

Cant really see what would be causing slowdown, apart from processing from the Blu-ray drive!

How are you ripping the disc to the hard drive? If I transfer the disk contents to my drive (file copy with AnyDVD HD running), it estimates just over four hours to do that.

How are you ripping the disc to the hard drive? If I transfer the disk contents to my drive (file copy with AnyDVD HD running), it estimates just over four hours to do that.

Right click AnyDVD (HD) and select 'Rip video DVD to Harddisk'. shouldn't take that long to rip the disc!

Right click AnyDVD (HD) and select 'Rip video DVD to Harddisk'. shouldn't take that long to rip the disc!

I had no idea that command was there. Thanks. :)

I'm in the midst of ripping it (about an hour for that) and then I'll see if CloneBD does any better with it from the hard drive.

Update: Interestingly, as the rip was going along, I suddenly noticed I had zero free RAM again. I canceled the rip and RAM shot back up to 8GB free. I re-ran the rip and I can see my RAM being eaten away (rip is 9% complete and I now only have 3GB of free RAM and falling). The system monitor, however, shows nothing actually using any of that RAM.

Update: OK, I see that all my free RAM (the rip is 20% complete and free RAM is zero now) is being converted into cached memory. That sucks.

Update: AnyDVD HD finished ripping after about 45 minutes. I ran CloneBD on the hard drive copy and it *still* claims 18 hours to transcode. I'm surprised it doesn't take even longer because now the drive is thrashing about with reads and writes (as opposed to reads from the BD drive and writes to the HD before). :(

Last edited:
Encoding Time

I came in at about 1hr 10min to do GotG from an ISO to Xbox 360 file with down res to 720. I am running Dell laptop with i7 2720QM/8 GB RAM/NVS 4200M Graphics. All 8 cores are at 98-100 during the process.
EJ

I have an Intel i7 Quad Core with 6GB of RAM and it only takes 23 mins using CUDA. I think this is because I use a WD Red HDD.

Back