• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD results with video card hardware acceleration||Post HERE

The GTX 680 was released as a gaming card and had poor performance in compute since nVidia changed or remove compute centric features from the card... That could be it's limit. That marked a division between compute centric cards and gaming centric cards for nVidia at the time and lasts till today really.

I'd have to agree. Just tested on a GTX 660Ti I have here and only getting around 65fps on average quality

Since this is about CloneBD, Please upload a CloneBD log file.

redone with 1.0.9.1
I'd have to agree. Just tested on a GTX 660Ti I have here and only getting around 65fps on average quality
Bummer!
All comments were very enlightening for me and I thank you all!

B

Attachments

• batmanthekillingjoke.7z
    182.9 KB · Views: 2
Bummer!
All comments were very enlightening for me and I thank you all!

Since this is beta code there's some reason to be hopeful for an improvement in the final code. It seems like you get similar performance with either so you have options now, you can process a movie using CUDA and do something else with that CPU possibly.

Alienware 17 R3 laptop w/ GTX 980M
Win 10 x64

v1.0.9.1 (beta of course):
with out CUDA 55mins to rip to a compressed mkv
with CUDA 9:30secs :) Perfect copy.

Last edited:
Test 9 (1.0.9.1beta) PROBLEM
Copy mode: Partial Disk/Folder/ISO to Folder using Software Decoder and Software Encoder at Highest Quality re-encode
Result: 22.82 GB completed in 03:37:50 or 12 fps. CPU utilization at an awful 34%.

My result for software decode and encode at highest quality bias doesn't seem right with only 34% CPU usage. The software decoder is able to feed the software encoder at high speed bias over 300 fps and operate at 90+% CPU usage for that type of re-encode. Usage at 34% is pretty awful and seems like a problem.

Using Cuda and using non-rewriteable disc it took me 77 mins to complete copying

Attachments

• Bourne Legacy.cbdlog
    490.8 KB · Views: 1
What took 77 minutes? Encoding alone? Encoding + burning? (If the latter, redo the encode and keep track of the encoding time alone). Clbd has no impact on burning. It simply tells the player what to burn and are what speed and then waits until it is done. Burn duration is dependant on your drive, the blanks and the burn speed you selected.

Also giving some specs would help, such as GPU and if you are encoding from a disc , hard drive or SSD as all those factor into the encoding time

Result: 22.82 GB completed in 03:37:50 or 12 fps. CPU utilization at an awful 34%.
A Log file would help a lot.
Plus: a screenshot during processing.

Also giving some specs would help, such as GPU and if you are encoding from a disc , hard drive or SSD as all those factor into the encoding time
The 77 mins encompasses encoding and burning with acceleration set at highest quality.copying was from original disc to a Verbatim blank 25GB. Am I correct in assuming that this thread is only interested
in the encoding speed?

But that still doesn't give system specs, without those the times are meaningless as there's no frame of reference.

CUDA speeds vary depending on the GPU. Newer GTX 10xx range are really fast (300-400fps), the older GTX 600 range tend to be really slow (50-60fps) so knowing these things helps gauge how well your system is actually doing

A Log file would help a lot.
Plus: a screenshot during processing.

I knew that but like a dumb ass I forgot to collect it the first time around and had to run the whole 4 hour process a second time. Geez, but the result IS consistent.

TarzanSDSE (SDSE=Software Decode Software Encode) log uploaded.

TarzanSDSECBDScreenshot.png TarzanSDSEPerfMonProcTime.png

Attachments

• TarzanSDSE.cbdlog
    182.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Sorry about double posting but I just finished a CUDA re-encode of Torchwood Series 1 Disk 4 Complete disk copy to BD9 ISO at highest quality and I wanted to say how much better it looks having the highest quality bias setting. Previously, with D1-D3, there were nasty artifacts that were unacceptable to me in the re-encoded BD9 but with the new highest quality setting it was quite watchable even on my big screen TV (with some loss of detail to be expected). Excellent!

Please don't take away the Quality bias selection in the final code.
Please see my earlier post for hardware specs (or my signature below)

Test 12 (1.0.9.1beta)
Source material: Torchwood Series 1 D4 pISO mounted with Virtual ClkoneDrive 5.5.0.0 decrypted by AnyDVD HD 6.0.8.0
Source Drive: Hitachi 2TB 7200rpm SATA III HDD
Copy Mode: Complete copy to BD9 ISO using CUDA Decoder CUDA Encoder at Highest Quality re-encode
Result: 23.10 GB to 8.16 GB in 13:01 (as this is a complete disk copy, fps measure is not possible)

Last edited:
Test 14 (1.0.9.2beta) PROBLEM
Source material: Torchwood Series 1 D2 pISO mounted with Virtual CloneDrive 5.5.0.0 decrypted by AnyDVD HD 6.0.8.0
Copy Mode: Complete copy to BD9 ISO using CUDA Decoder CUDA Encoder at Highest Quality re-encode
Result: TRANSCODER FAIL
Test 14 Rerun (1.0.9.1beta)
Result: 24.23 Gb to 8.48GB in 16:19 (definitely a problem introduced with 1.0.9.2beta)

Test 15 (1.0.9.2beta) PROBLEM
Source material: Torchwood Series 1 D3 pISO mounted with Virtual CloneDrive 5.5.0.0 decrypted by AnyDVD HD 6.0.8.0

Test 15 Rerun (1.0.9.1beta)
Result: 22.62 Gb to 8.36 GB in 12:06

These same pISO's did process successfully under CBD 1.0.8.8. Settings same as listed here.

EDIT: Ut Oh, this worked in 1.0.9.1beta

Test 12 (1.0.9.1beta)
Source material: Torchwood Series 1 D4 pISO
Result: 23.10 GB to 8.16 GB in 13:01 (as this is a complete disk copy, fps measure is not possible)

Test 12 Rerun (1.0.9.2beta)
PROBLEM

Attachments

• TorchwoodS1D2CDCETranscoder fail.cbdlog
    180.1 KB · Views: 2
  • TorchwoodS1D3CDCETranscoder fail.cbdlog
    155.5 KB · Views: 0
  • TorchwoodS1D4CDCETranscoder fail.cbdlog
    146.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Which begs the question: will it work without acceleration?

I'll look at that but D4 which successfully completed in 1.0.9.1beta has just failed with the same TRANSCODER FAIL message under 1.0.9.2beta.

Re-encoding using the software decoder encoder completed successfully if slowly @27% CPU usage

Test 16 (1.0.9.2beta)
Source material: Torchwood Series 1 D4 pISO
Copy Mode: Complete copy to BD9 ISO using Software Decoder Software Encoder at Highest Quality re-encode
Result: 23.10 GB to 8.12 GB in 03:23:06 (27% CPU usage)

Attachments

• TorchwoodS1D4SDSE.cbdlog
    389.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Core i7-4770, GeForce 750, Windows 7 64bit

Jason Bourne 2016, transcoding main movie 31Gb to 14.3Gb
Clone BD 1.0.8.8 = 69 minutes
Clone BD 1.0.9.2 = 14 minutes (Decoding & Encoding using CUDA, Highest Quality)
There seems to be some difference in the resulting bitrate between using HW and Software. Not too sure what to make of it (see screenshots).

Today I compared a few scenes between the resulting backups and CUDA decoding and encoding alghough much quicker has produced an inferior quality backup. The difference is not great but present if you look for it

Attachments

• Jason_Bourne_1.0.8.8-00000-bitrate-01s.png
    Jason_Bourne_1.0.8.8-00000-bitrate-01s.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Jason_Bourne_1.0.9.2-00000-bitrate-01s.png
    Jason_Bourne_1.0.9.2-00000-bitrate-01s.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Back