• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD melted down my PC?

dhanselnh

OK, I know, catchy title...
But, seriously, I bought CloneBD after trying it out for a while, and each time when I try to encode a Blu-ray ISO to MP4 or Matroska, it takes off and in a few minutes my machine crashes so hard it shuts off completely. I thought it was a fluke the first time... and I was eventually able to restart it.
However, it happened again, and this time I figured, it must be overheating, and I checked and sure enough my fans were turned down (I have an external control for three of the case fans... so, I figured "my bad" it overheated. Today, I checked everything out, and all fans were running full throttle, I went for an MP4 encode from an ISO and again, bang.. it's off. This time, it's not come back.. so I guess I need to find out what is causing this as the system is dead. My system is a home brew i7 in a full size Thermaltake ATX case with lots of fans. The basement where it runs is about 60degs F this time of year. First stop is to check the PS. It appears to be giving the MB some voltage as I can see lights, however, it will not start the fans, drives and such, so either I've crisped the MB or the PS?

Anyway, I'm posting this purely to see if anyone else might have run into this? Clearly, my machine has something wrong with it. I'm not blaming CloneBD. I'm only curious if anyone else has had a similar situation that might be able to explain anything or point me in a direction.

Thanks for any insight

You have a power supply issue, nothing more.

@ OP, do you need help choosing a new power supply?

Back