• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD Fails to Read

GeorgeP

Trial version CloneBD. The only copy I tried (Citizen Kane Anniversary Edition, a 37Gb, to 25Gb attempt) fails at 6 minutes of reading (on two Windows 8.i computers):

"[ERROR ] transcoder stop error: 0xffffffff8000ffff
00:00:06.219 | [ERROR ] last reported error: 'MEMORY_SHARE::Allocate:201 > __ensure(Memory)' (6)
00:00:06.220 | DONE."

I like the interface, now I will try another title.

Next Try "Edgar"

A. Recorded complete "Edgar" to a 25Gb disk (2.5 hrs time to record and burn). This was partly successful in that the disk was readable with a computer internal reader, but could show a menu on neither my Oppo nor Sony consoles. After the initial ads, there is a blank screen where the menu should be and no further access.

B. Then recorded movie only with English and French sound and subtitles (the default). This worked fine. When played, it initially shows the menu with one choice - to play the movie. There appears to be no access to language choice nor use of subtitles.

Conclusion: So far, CloneBD is best used for easily recording movie only to a smaller and less expensive 25Gb disk, but do not expect access to languages nor subtitles. For copying entire BD to a 50Gb disk you only need AnyDVD + any program that writes such as Nero etc.

Addendum - J.Edgar

I studied my recording in more detail (see comments regarding B. above - record movie only). The sound is poorly coordinated with the video i.e. the lips still move after the sound is done. Also, while the movie required minimal compression, the quality of the image is noticeably worse than the original - seen most clearly in the dark parts - not enough definition and more "grainy". So, the end result is not good enough. It is not as good as the image of a rental from iTunes (remove DRM with NoteBurner M4V Plus) which only uses 4.6Gb as opposed to the 23.5Gb in my CloneBD version. Much work is required to the program to make it useful.

Back