• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD DVXA option setting question

gameowl

Quick question, in CloneBD>Settings>Video Hardware Accelration>DVXA (box checked). Does that use your nVidia graphics card Cuda cores to transcode bluray movies ripped from the original disc faster with this feature? If it doesn't do that, what does this feature do?

Thank You, I would like to see CloneBD process the ripped non-AACS movies stored in the video RAM. I have 6GB of video RAM at 7,096MHz speed. And the new nVidia cards in the future could have 32GB video RAM on the video cards. Picture 24GB video RAM allocated to transcode a ripped bluray. It would be so much faster then DDR3 or DDR4. Also how faster would a SSD drive through at SATA III connection reduce CloneBD's transcoding time compared to a Mechanical Hard Disk Drive using SATA III roughly speed up transcoding time in comparison with just that factor?

CloneBD has an optimized x264 engine and encoding process that even an old system like mine (see sig) can shrink a full size bd50 in full disc mode to bd25 in around 2h. I think cuda optimization is on the to do list but you'd have to ask elby. The effect of an ssd would be negligible if it's an mpeg/h264 based video. The speed would then be dependant on the GPU. Ssd might have a slight impact when the video is vc-1 based, but doubt it would be big because of encoder limitations. Even with a standard drive those restrictions apply. As said, I can a bd50 in around 2-2.5 hours and my current rig has no ssd.

CloneBD has an optimized x264 engine and encoding process that even an old system like mine (see sig) can shrink a full size bd50 in full disc mode to bd25 in around 2h. I think cuda optimization is on the to do list but you'd have to ask elby. The effect of an ssd would be negligible if it's an mpeg/h264 based video. The speed would then be dependant on the GPU. Ssd might have a slight impact when the video is vc-1 based, but doubt it would be big because of encoder limitations. Even with a standard drive those restrictions apply. As said, I can a bd50 in around 2-2.5 hours and my current rig has no ssd.

I can transcode a 45GB ripped bluray movie with RedFox in one hour. I don't have an SSD. CloneBD paired with AnyDVD HD is the best.

Well your system probably isn't as old as mine, though I just ordered parts for a complete replacement. Asus strix gtx 1080 oc baby if all goes well.

Well your system probably isn't as old as mine, though I just ordered parts for a complete replacement. Asus strix gtx 1080 oc baby if all goes well.
ahh the 1080 very nice. Feburary I bought an MSI GeForce GTX 980TI 6GB. I just couldn't wait for the 1080's that came out May 27th this year. I also upgraded to 32GB Corsair DDR3 1,866MHz RAM. nVidia spent $7 billion dollars on R&D for the Pascal 1080's archtecture. 16nm GPU. And the Founders Edition can be safely and stablely overclocked GPU To 2GHz. It's all a waiting game for computers to upgrade.

Founders edition my ass, that's just a new name for 'reference design'. The strix 1080 has better performance, cools better and costs $50-75 LESS than that 'founders edition' crap.

Founders edition my ass, that's just a new name for 'reference design'. The strix 1080 has better performance, cools better and costs $50-75 LESS than that 'founders edition' crap.
Founders edition is just nVidia's way to give them your money directly. Since nVidia's only selling the founders editon on there website. I will talk to you later, going to surf the web. Nice tallking wity you =)

Nupe, MSI etc has founders edition too. It's just a new name, same factory clock limitations, same PCB, the whole 9 yards.

The main problem is that they've only released the founders edition so far. Other non founders editions have been announced but aren't allowed to ship yet.
I already have an EVGA founders edition as we needed to get one in for testing with various editing programs. Pretty much every Graphics card manufacturer came out with a founders edition and they were all priced exactly the same as essentially they are all identical other than the manufacturers logo and the software they bundle with them.

Which 'Strix' are you looking at? I know over here my supplier has one on the price list, but it costs £30 more than the Founders edition

The NDA has been lifted, rumor has it that my Asus one will be allowed to be shipped starting next week. Now, the thing actually being in stock and not on backorder that's a different cookie jar! If anyone's interested I'd be happy to post the full hardware list somewhere that'll be coming my way. I can guarantee you, it'll send my current rig (see sig, back to the vista stone age).

I was just interested on where you get a 'Strix' one cheaper than the founders edition. I'm not seeing the Strix version cheaper than the founders from any of my suppliers

Jayz2cents videos :) in one of his latest ones he's talking about the evga 1080 SC. Cheaper and better. I know it isn't the strix, but if that SC one is then the strix one that's on par with their oc one will definitely be. The price on my strix was € 784. The webshop I ordered has the gigabyte founders at 745. But then again there's the taxes, shipping and euro vs dollar that comes into play.

So essentially the Strix is more expensive than the founders from your supplier as well, good to know that it's not just over here.

Over here all the non founders EVGA cards are more expensive than the founders.

Having a look on Newegg in the US (I assume Jayz2cents is US based) they don't even have prices for the non Founders yet, so I wonder where he' getting his prices from

Last edited:
Having a look on Newegg in the US (I assume Jayz2cents is US based) they don't even have prices for the non Founders yet, so I wonder where he' getting his prices from

In the US, the Strix has a $619.99/639.99 MSRP compared to the $699.99 on the founders edition.
Obviously that doesn't mean it will be cheaper on the 'street' but I'm guessing that's what he is comparing.

From my experience the hardware acceleration it uses isn't much. It pegs my 6700K 100% while my 980ti bounces between 0% and 15%. Other encoding programs I have used that have hardware acceleration peg the GPU at 100% and barely use the CPU at all.

That's because it uses Microsoft DirectX based hardware acceleration. See post #2 to find out why DXVA stands for.

That's because it uses Microsoft DirectX based hardware acceleration. See post #2 to find out why DXVA stands for.

I haven't read up on types of hardware acceleration so I didn't really know. From my experience a decent GPU can encode video faster than the best mainstream cpu. Would be nice if it used more GPU.

The encoding engine used (x264) is a very CPU intensive engine. It's perfectly normal to use very little GPU power. It's an optimized build. You'd be surprised how fast clbd can be. If your system is modern enough it can do a full disc bd50 to bd25 in 1-1,5 hours. Faster than some other products.

Back