• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD - can we end the speculation?

DQ

I am not trying to start anything negative but I believe us CloneBD customers deserve to know what's up with CloneBD. There have been no updates in well over a year and I have seen many claims where people have emailed Elby for help without response.

Don't get me wrong, I love the application and I still use it frequently although since I have an AMD GPU it's in a semi-handicapped way. But I get by and I enjoy using the program.

Can someone "in the know" just end the mystery for us and let us know to expect something from them or to just go find another app to use for this purpose? I understand Elby is not Redfox but it seems Elby is not responding so I don't know who else to address this to.

My apologies in advance for any negativity this brings, that IS NOT my intent.
Thank you

I would like to hear a word too. I haven't used it recently but the lack of any word makes my worry.

If at first, you don't succeed try, try again.;) " Redfox 1 - 5/16/2022

“If at first you don't succeed, try, try—and then quit! No use being a fool about it.”—W. C.Fields.

"If at first you don't succeed try, try and try again." Robert the Bruce, king of Scotland, is meant to have told his troops this shortly before walloping the English at Bannockburn in 1314.

I admit I haven't tried it at all but I am here for over a year or something, and in that time I have seen many people asking about CloneBD. So I guess there is no point in asking as well.

If I could tell you anything about CloneBD I would. I know absolutely nothing, I used to know all about it, about 5 years ago, the original developer was very friendly with me, and he was a great man. Unfortunately, he passed away. Then other people took over and I was not involved in the final product. So, deep down in my heart I absolutely believe they will fix anything that is wrong with it, personally, I used it for a long time and it worked impeccably for me, I use the nvenc.dll to encode with, and to this day I have not had an issue. But I must admit my days of using DVDs are over, burning them and watching them. So, if you do not encode with CloneBD you can use it for free. If you need to encode and it has an issue then you will have to wait for an update.:cool:

Unfortunately for me, my use case requires functionality not present in CloneBD. I love CloneBD and wish it were updated to fix current issues and add some additional functionality. For the few discs that don't require the functionality I need (looking at you Disney family of discs), I still use CloneBD as it's a superior product. It really does need a new coat of paint, though. I have set my expectations very low on time frame for a new release. In the meantime I'll use the right tool for the job as needed. Should there be any updates, I will evaluate at that point all my use cases and see where things are at. That's all anyone can do.

I was just considering starting a thread when I wrote in support of ELBY about three months ago they replied that they were working on an update nothing since I think @Pete he might know something

Please no more threads, if we find out something, we will advise you all on it.:thankyou:

I like CloneBD as well, since I'm a long-time paying customer, but I'd like to see some news of the update promised for about a year now as well.

:thankyou:

Unfortunately, he passed away.
Thats sad.

So, if you do not encode with CloneBD you can use it for free.
I actually have a lifetime key.

I have seen that post as well, but since it was several moth ago and we have heard nothing since then...
I don't care if they need one month or three to make the update, it is only the fact that we heard nothing. At least I have never seen anyone of them posting except one time.
Edit: that was fabian

Reactions: DQ
On 15 April 2022 I received a reply from Elby support that an update would be coming soon but a specific date could not be given. Prior to that I think Pete posted that the staff had been hit with Covid. Assuming close contact was involved then the office was probably in lock down for a while. I hope the forthcoming update will lead to the redevelopment of Clone DVD Mobile.

Back