• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD bypassing AMD GPU for CPU

For me it would use the GPU off and on but mostly the CPU but it would swap back and forth. However, I did not have crashes but I am on an older GPU than you are.

@tectpro
Regarding your tests
Do you know what your input video size and output video size were?
The reason I ask is that it looks like it is doing a remux.
Hardware decoding
No encoding
Remuxing (CPU)

EDIT
However Video Engine at 99% and 48 min duration point to hardware encode

EDIT 2
How long does the CloneBD encode last?

Last edited:
@tectpro
Regarding your tests
Hardware decoding
No encoding
Remuxing (CPU)

EDIT

EDIT 2

In response to this I should mention I have hardware decode off and encode on. I did find that with an AMD GPU Decode on would slow the whole thing down to the point of doing nearly nothing.

If you want a 2-layer MKV, sure it will create that. That is completely unplayable with anything. We need CloneBD to follow the "standard" for single layer MKV creation. So we're still waiting.
I really thought this was changed.

@tectpro
Regarding your tests
Hardware decoding
No encoding
Remuxing (CPU)

EDIT

EDIT 2

Definitely encodes as source is 35GB end result is 15 GB (including all the audio)

CloneBD crashed after a few seconds. Did some system clean-up and crashes are gone.
Looks now like this

upload_2022-10-17_11-1-9.png
upload_2022-10-17_11-1-37.png upload_2022-10-17_11-2-3.png

Definitely encodes as source is 35GB end result is 15 GB (including all the audio)

CloneBD crashed after a few seconds. Did some system clean-up and crashes are gone.
Looks now like this
You mean it works now for you with AMD GPU? What kind of "clean-up"? Decoding and Encoding?

Doesn't seem to be enough CPU usage, might be using GPU
Don't forget, GPU and VCE are two completely different things

You mean it works now for you with AMD GPU? What kind of "clean-up"? Decoding and Encoding?
Two things:
1. Used DDU - Display Driver Uninstaller to remove the AMD GPU drivers
2. Revo Uninstaller - removed CloneBD

After reboot downloaded and reinstalled AMD driver and after that CloneBD Beta.

It doesn't show anything in CloneBD in the Encoder Output.
The fps in CloneBD is around 200 ++.
The GPU definitely does something when I checked with GPUz you can see that certain values go up when you stop CloneBD they go down.
But there is nowhere I can see the "VE - Video Encoding" directly.

Did you select compression? That's when the GPU does it's main work. However, without a CloneBD licence you will get a watermark in the resulting video.

Did you select compression? That's when the GPU does it's main work. However, without a CloneBD licence you will get a watermark in the resulting video.
Yes, compression is on.
The logo is no issue as this is for testing purposes.

Back