• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD Bluray Discs not playing on the PS3

nuwk3r

I used CloneBD to copy a bluray movie "The Arrival" to an ISO file and then used IMGBURN to burn to a 25GB bluray. The previews play fine, however it never makes it to the menu. I've also tried going directly to the top menu (Main Menu), using the remote and it makes the ps3 hang. I've tried the same disc in the computer using VLC player and it works flawlessly. Is there something wrong with the way CloneBD organizes the bluray structure when it compresses it down to 25GB disc that makes the main title unreadable on the PS3?

Ive found the mp4 file type works best with ps3. There is a preset already setup in clonebd. If you enable media server in network settings on ps3 you can stream it from computer to ps3 via a media server. I would keep file size around 5 gb to stream wireless. Or save file to usb and plug in ps3. I wonder if sony produced that movie. Cant watch sony films on ps3 it has cinavia software. Mp4 should play on most of your devices in hd. Its nice to have a smaller digital copy just for this purpose. Also try disconnecting from internet before inserting disc. Try watching offline. Doubt it will work.

Last edited:
Using VLC for testing is not the same as using a Blu-ray player as it ignores the menu structure. If you want to try a real test on a PC then you need a commercial player that will also play back the menu's such as PowerDVD

Thanks for the quick replies and suggestions. I used BDrebuilder to test that theory. Apparently CloneBD reorganizes the structure that makes it unreadable to the PS3. Maybe this a bug in CloneBD itself?? Adbear, you are correct, VLC does in fact ignore the structure. I've tested with many discs. I used BDrebuilder & IMGburn to copy the same movie and it plays perfect. Even skipping to the top menu works perfect. I am going to examine the files on the disc and post the results. I would like to see CloneBD working and would like to help improve it any way I can. stevied21, I will experiment with that, although for now I am just trying to get the Bluray to play on the PS3.
Thanks!!

Good luck. Might save money in coasters if u get 32 gb flash drive or use a fat32 formatted external hard drive to put BDMV file on. Plug into PS3 and test before copying to coaster. if it plays from hard drive on ps3 and u burn it. Then the disc wont play, it might provide valuable info on where the problem is coming from.

Back