CloneBD Beta 1.2.9.2 - User experiences with it?

Discussion in 'CloneBD' started by njweb, Mar 22, 2021.

1. njweb

njweb Well-Known Member

I somehow missed this beta version - 1.2.9.2 - when I first got CloneBD.

I am planning to try it since I see it contains *numerous* fixes and improvements; however since it is a beta, I wanted to know how this beta version is working for others?

Is anyone having issues with the beta version?

2. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

Elby's "beta" software is typically more stable than most company's "stable" releases. The beta tag means there might be issues that haven't been vetted, but, usually you'll find their beta versions to be incredibly stable. Personally I don't pay attention to RedFox and Elby's use of the beta tag. I just upgrade.

whatever_gong82, njweb and FurryGuy like this.
  3. FurryGuy

FurryGuy Well-Known Member

I've never had any problems with RedFox or Elby beta versions. When I see a new version, release or beta, I upgrade.

This particular beta was available since 14 December 2020. If there were problems they'd have released a newer beta/release with the fixes.

I do the same as SamuraiHL, I ignore if the new version is beta or not.

whatever_gong82 and njweb like this.
  4. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

Ditto, whether it's Redfox or elby b├Ęta's, the second I see one I upgrade. They're pretty much always release quality.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

whatever_gong82 and njweb like this.
  5. njweb

njweb Well-Known Member

Great, thanks everyone! I suspected their beta software would be stable, but was looking for some feedback, so thanks again.
    I will try it out ASAP.

I also appreciate the straight forward details Elby shared of all the changes implemented in this beta. A number of them are very significant, making this almost a mandatory upgrade, for me at least...

whatever_gong82 likes this.