1. RedFox is offering a Xmas discount of 20% on all products (except upgrades/renewals), valid until December 18, 2022. If you are entertaining the thought of purchasing one of our products then now is the right time to act!
    Dismiss Notice

CloneBD any known problems with the program?

Discussion in 'CloneBD' started by Gilmore21, Oct 5, 2022.

1. Gilmore21

Gilmore21 Member

Hi,

I'm basically looking for a program to simply rip the main movie from a blu ray folder and put into a new blu ray folder just the main movie. I'm just curious to see if theirs any known problems like seamless branching - some programs are known to struggle with seamless branching. Also movies with a second or two at the beginning or end with black video, how does CloneBD cope with this? Also is the program free for just putting into main movie or does it cost? Thankyou

2. DeepSpace

DeepSpace Well-Known Member

It is free if you only copy the video and audio without reencoding it.
    When you compress or reencode it, then there will be a watermark you can remove by purchasing it.

Gilmore21 and DQ like this.
  3. DQ

DQ Well-Known Member

I am not sure what seamless branching is but I have used CloneBD many many times without issue to do what it is you mentioned. I know a lot of folks like to copy a whole BD, menus and all but I only snag the main title.

Gilmore21 and DeepSpace like this.
  4. Gilmore21

Gilmore21 Member

Seamless branching is for movies with extended/directors cut. I'm not a fan of bloated blu-ray with warnings, logos, unwanted extras so I prefer to just rip to a simple main movie.

DeepSpace likes this.
  5. Gilmore21

Gilmore21 Member

I don't want to encode, I just want the movie exactly the same as it was on disc.

DeepSpace likes this.
  6. DQ

DQ Well-Known Member

I believe if you just snag the main title itself you avoid all that. At least in my experience. Although sometimes that depends on you pulling the correct audio track. Meaning you get just the movie audio and not the comment track. It is typically easy to tell the difference because if nothing else the comment track will be of lesser encoding/quality.

Gilmore21 and DeepSpace like this.
  7. Gilmore21

Gilmore21 Member

Do you know how much the program costs? I tried going to the Elby Shop but there doesn't appear to be a site when I click on the buy link.

8. DeepSpace

DeepSpace Well-Known Member

https://www.elby.ch/purchase.html

Gilmore21 likes this.
  9. DQ

DQ Well-Known Member

It takes a few clicks to get there but it is here. -> https://www.elby.ch/purchase.html

Gilmore21 likes this.
  10. Gilmore21

Gilmore21 Member

I've tried the link but nothing, just times out. I'll try again when I get home tonight.

11. DQ

DQ Well-Known Member

I can get to it OK and I block/filter A LOT. CH is Switzerland I think.

DeepSpace likes this.
  12. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

.ch is the country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Switzerland in the Domain Name System of the Internet

whatever_gong82 and DQ like this.
  13. DQ

DQ Well-Known Member

Yes I thought that is basically what I said :p

whatever_gong82 and RedFox 1 like this.