• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD and Forced Subtitles

Sorry to bump an old thread but has anything ever been done about this issue? I spent 4.5 hours yesterday decoding my first ever BD (Lone Survivor) and a further 1.5 hours burning it to disc (yes I have a slow machine) but much to my disappointment the Afghan & Taliban soldiers forced subtitles were missing. I might add that the quality of the BD itself was top notch but the loss of forced subs does rather spoil the experience. Currently I see no way of selecting the forced subs during disc creation so presumably it's not yet been implemented?

I notice Forum Admin Pete mentioned back in March 2015 that "forced subs can and will be implemented". That was two years ago, what happened? Has anyone here found a way of doing it yet?

Just in case it's needed here's my burn log:

Attachments

• Lone Survivor.cbdlog
    322.1 KB · Views: 2
A strange thing occurred this afternoon.., I made my second BD copy, this time around it was 'Black Hawk Down'. At first I struggled to decide on the audio format, there was so many to choose from but eventually decided on 'LPCM-Uncompressed' which always sounds great. The strange thing however, despite not having selected any subtitles the preview player insisted on showing me French Subtitles and wait for it.., even forced subtitles. Yes really FORCED SUBTITLES!!!!!! I wish they all did that!

I guess some films have them included in the main movie track but it's annoying that film makers don't follow the same standards. I hope CloneBD eventually includes this feature, it sure would be useful and the resulting copies would be 100% satisfying instead of only 75%.

Now, looking at your log file - you made an ISO, is that right?

CloneBD fully supports forced subtitles. As long as the disc has them.
And on the final page before you start conversion, you have to select the language you want.
Maybe post a screen shot of what you set there.

Thanks Pete, I seem to have inadvertently replied to this post in the other thread, is it possible to move those replies here please? Yes I did create an ISO because it's mentioned in these forums as a good way to check a movie plays okay. That said I don't relish having to wait another 4.5 hours processing another film to ISO. I notice copying directly to blank media is much quicker and only takes around 2 hours total.

As mentioned in the other thread I have now successfully identified those forced subtitles so I'm now hoping to have this one nailed.

Looking at the screenshot below you will see that I've chosen 'Subtitle Language' No:3 English, when previewed that only shows the forced subtitles which is what I want. The other subtitle language No:1 is the directors commentary which I don't need.

2017-08-21 (1).png

With the above titles selected if I click continue it takes me to the following window.., this is the bit where I got stuck. If I don't select those English Subtitles in the drop down menu will my forced subs still be shown or not?

2017-08-21.png

Thanks in advance... :)

Last edited:
There's "English" in your dropdown there. That's what you're looking for. Select that and they should be on from the start.

Thanks Pete, that's pretty much what I thought but I was more worried I would see subtitles for all conversations, even those spoken in English. That said however when I viewed the preview with those subs turned on it only showed the foreign spoken bits so I think we can safely say this one is solved for now. Once I've burned a disc copy I'll report back on my findings.

Thanks again :)

Update

I can now confirm that the above movie backup works a charm and yes, even those forced subtitles are present :)

One thing I have noticed however and I wonder if this can be changed in the next update? In the last image posted above in the section where it says [Conversion Options] there's a check box to 'directly play main title'. Personally this would have been more informative if it had said 'Play 1st Title'. The reason being 'Main Title' suggested to me it would ignore all other titles in my selection in favour of the main movie. I found this both confusing and misleading. As it happens it did in fact play the intro first which is what I wanted to happen. I just wasn't sure it would.

Back