• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD, AC3, Burn Time

Mike G

I'd like to ask a couple of questions, please.

I'd like to burn a Bluray. I've used AnyDVD for years. I'm prepared to buy AnyDVDHD and CloneBD. I have a Bluray burner.

1. My understanding is that if Cinavia is present it has to be removed. To do this the audio track has to be converted to AC3. I'm not sure what this means. Will the converted audio track preserve all the codecs that are present in the original Bluray? In other words, if the original has DTS 6.1 or 7.1 or any newer codec will that codec be selectable in the burned Bluray's Audio Menu or does converting to AC3 mean losing something?

2. I have a nice quad core HP computer. It's fast. On average how long will it take to burn a Bluray? Do I *have* to burn to my hard drive first and then burn onto a blank or can I do Bluray burner to Bluray burner?

Thanks much for this newbie info.

Mike

Converting means changing codec, you can't convert dts to ac3 and keep dts properties. They're 2 different codecs. The best that can be done atm is 5.1. This because 6.1 and 7.1 are HD audio and there are no free or open source hd audio ENCODERS. There's plenty of decoders but no ENcoders. The menu itself will still lost the same entries.

Average time? There's no way to predict that. Everyone's system is different and then you have the dozens of possible combinations between output type, video settings, audio settings,... You're also confusing burning with encoding. Encoding means processing the video source, burning simply sends the encoded output from the hard drive to a blank disc or ISO. How fast an actual burn takes depends on how fast your drive can burn, what brand of discs you use and how fast they can be burned, and the burn speed you select. Every single decision you make on those variables has an impact on the encoding and burning time.

You don't HAVE to burn to hdd first either.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

So if I have an original Bluray that only has a 5.1 Codec I'll be fine. I can duplicate it and I'll hear on the copy what I would hear on the original, right?
If it's 6.1 or better I'll be downgrading it to 5.1.

Does that sum it up?

Thanks much for your reply.

Mike

5.1 is kept yes, unless you change the channel layout like you can in mobile conversion. 6.1 or here will indeed be downscaled to 5.1 or less depending on your settings.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Back