CloneBD 1.2.5.1 using AMD hardware not working properly

Discussion in 'CloneBD' started by DarkQuark, Aug 27, 2019.

1. DarkQuark

DarkQuark Well-Known Member

Sorry for the vague title but I have been unable to use CloneBD with my new AMD 5700 XT. So I was excited when I saw 1.2.5.1 . Unfortunately, while the crash situation is not there anymore when using hardware using my 5700 it oddly seems to code the movie at the lowest rate possible despite what I might select for bit rate. The movie I tried come out to be under 2GB. It technically worked but obviously the quality was poor.

I realize I may have not provided enough detail but am willing to provide anything that might help.

Thank you

2. Fabian

Fabian Developer

Can you provide us with a log file? This contains all the information we need.

It sounds like the driver is not setting the bitrate correctly. I could suggest for a first try to update the driver, but if you say it's a new card that you most likely already have the latest version.

3. DarkQuark

AMD drivers just got updated so I will give that a shot and provide a log file if it still fails to rip at the right bit rate. Thank you.

4. DarkQuark

So I tried it again but it did the same thing. Here is my logfile. Thank you.

Attached Files:

5. Fabian

Fabian Developer

It seems like the AMF driver fails to set a parameter and then defaults back to standard values.

I have to contact AMD on that, the 5700 is a new card and unfortunately they have individual gpu card configurations internally that I cannot access. Something seems be to out-of-date there.

6. DarkQuark

Just FYI (just in case you did not know already), the issue still exists in 1.2.5.3 .

7. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Of course he knows, he's one of the dev's for clbd ;-) such a fox would have made it into the changelog :)

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk