• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD 1.1.5.2 and PowerDVD 16 - Black Screen

skurko

I have used CloneBD 1.1.5.1 and everything was working great. However after upgrading to 1.1.5.2 I noticed PowerDVD 16 can no longer play the created MKV files. The screen is just black. The audio is working fine. VLC plays the MKV files fine so the the encoding is there.

The issue seems similar to six months ago when CloneBD generated similar MKV files and it turned out to be some flag in the MKV format. That was fixed and PowerDVD 16 could play the files again. Seems this issue (or similar) is back again?

You're not doing a lossless mkv by any chance are you?

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Opening the file in MKVToolNix and saving it without any changes fixes the file and it's playable again. The file got slightly smaller, so not sure what else this tool does (from 4.36GB to 4.32GB). It took less than a minute to "convert" the file.

Thanks for the info - it's completely unrelated to that previous thread, though. Different problem.
Other players work fine though, seems only to be PowerDVD.
We'll fix that asap.

If it helps: I tested citizen4 (extras) to mkv and PowerDVD 14 Ultra works fine.

If it helps: I tested citizen4 (extras) to mkv and PowerDVD 14 Ultra works fine.
The problem only occurs with HEVC and I believe only with hw acceleration.

Quick heads up--the newest version of CloneBD (1.1.5.3) doesn't have a digital signature.

Quick heads up--the newest version of CloneBD (1.1.5.3) doesn't have a digital signature.
Thank you, the signing procedure must have failed for some reason.
We checked, it's just the signature missing, the file itself was clean, though - fix including correct signature is online now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, the signing provedure must have failed for some reason.
We checked, it's just the signature missing, the file itself was clean, though - fix including correct signature is online now.
Thank you, Reto.

:thankyou:

@Reto
I just used CloneBD 1.1.5.3 with the Terminator Skynet Edition (the extended movie version selected) compressed to H.264 and Copy Audio (HW acceleration. I got a black screen in PDVD 17.
I tried again and same issue.
What I also noticed is that the preview icons are not generated for 4 out of 5 movies for example, only after run through MKVtoolnix. (Source file is protected ISO mounted in VirtualCloneDrive).

Attachments

• terminator 2.cbdlog
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
I just used CloneBD 1.1.5.3 with the Terminator Skynet Edition (the extended movie version selected) compressed to H.264 and Copy Audio (HW acceleration. I got a black screen in PDVD 17.

Yes, thank you - there is just a simple flag missing, that got under the wheels with those 3D Frame Packed updates.
This happens only with VC-1 source video, like in your case.

You'll get a fix within an hour, I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
v1.1.5.4 is supposed to fix this - please try it and let us know...

I have now tested 1.1.5.4 and it works great for me too. Thanks for the quick response!

Back