• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD 1.1.0.3Beta causes "squeezed" video playback?

worknstiff

Wow! I really suck at doing diagnostic's. I have been playing around with using Quick Sync with the latest CloneBD and have encountered a weird problem. When I have Quick Sync enable in the settings the resulting 1080p MKV played back with PowerDVD 14 looks like it is squeezed down from 2.40:1 to almost 2:80:1. I thought at first it must be some kind of filter or codec problem and tried to install the SDK and different codecs to see if it would help. Nothing fixed it but if I change back to software encode and decode the problem goes away. THEN I FINALLY decided to test the same squeezed MKV file with another player and VOILA problem solved. It seems the MKV aspect ratio is wonky when played back on PowerDVD and also the windows 10 Movie & TV app, BUT PLAYS PERFECTLY using VLC and the Windows Media Player. Go figure that I would look at the player software LAST instead of it being the most obvious starting point.

PS: Take about wide screen, lol.

msuqb.jpg

Please provide a CloneBD logfile. Upon completion of the cloning hold down the ALT button and 2 new buttons should appear. Create a logfile and attach it here. There's obviously something wrong in the aspect ratio settings, cause that yacht almost looks like an airplane carrier.

OK, Had to run it again. Here's the Log.

Attachments

• Stretched Video.cbdlog
    72.5 KB · Views: 1
OK, Had to run it again. Here's the Log.
Thanks for that - I just tried this and yes - you're right.
I'll send a note to Elby.

I noticed: you set the resulting size to 100%, but you're also transcoding.
So that is converting AVC to AVC without changing the size.
In that case you'd better select "lossless video", so there would be no transcoding required (and also this stretching effect will not show).

Thanks Pete, I didn't notice I had it set for 100%. I had already deleted the file and logs and needed to redo it and got in a hurry. I did want a smaller MKV with DD 5.1 audio, just without a squeezed picture, lol. Should have known that you would be the diligent support guru that would try to recreate this problem. Thanks for your assistance Pete, and if you need anything else let me know.

Thanks Pete, I didn't notice I had it set for 100%. I had already deleted the file and logs and needed to redo it and got in a hurry. I did want a smaller MKV with DD 5.1 audio, just without a squeezed picture, lol. Should have known that you would be the diligent support guru that would try to recreate this problem. Thanks for your assistance Pete, and if you need anything else let me know.

It is interesting, that this bug has gone unnoticed so long, as it has been in there ever since Intel hw support was added.
Anyway - I just spoke to Elby: they say the Intel encoder handles the aspect ratio value very "originally".
Workaround in the next version.

Probably another quirck of how intel handles their hw acc between "gpu's" in general :) Elby did say they are pretty inconsistent between cpu's.

This happens also under Windows 8.1 with Intel HD Graphics 4400.
But VLC plays the resulting video with correct aspect ratio.

Yeah, I didn't notice the release date, maybe next time. :cautious:

Hell YEAH, I can confirm no more "squeezed" video problem after CloneBD 1.1.2.0. Way to go Pete and all the guys for such a timely fix. I have been playing around with CloneBD all day and this looks like maybe it's going to take care of most of the forced subs issues too. Thanks again for all the hard work. Wish I could buy a few rounds for you all.

Back