• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD 1.0.8.7 beta - Remote Desktop

SamuriHL

UHD Guru
Looks like Remote Desktop support broke again at least in 1.0.8.7. I did not have time to test 1.0.8.5 but my guess is the rewritten engine is what broke remote desktop. This is something I use a LOT so if someone from Elby can take a look and see if they can fix it I'd VERY much appreciate it. If you need a log let me know. Basic gist is something to the effect of:

upload_2016-8-8_14-26-16.png

We need a complete log, this is just an error summary.

And the problem is not RDP, CloneBD works fine with RDP and even Hyper-V. The problem is you don't have a real GPU, only running the legacy fallback (software) driver. We actually fixed that it is no longer needed and a software GPU still works. Without preview player of course. Nothing has changes there so please post a full log file and we look into this.

No problem. I'll post one a bit later today. It's happening on every movie I try so it won't be hard to get a log.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I just emailed a log for this issue. Thanks!

P.S. It's working just fine when I try from the machine itself. It's only through RD that I'm having an issue.

Were you guys able to look at the log I sent? Did it help at all?

I cannot reproduce this issue at all. Can you give the GPU name and vendor of the -CLIENT- machine? Not the host as the host uses RDPUDD chain. I need the client OS and GPU from the machine you're connecting from.

Both machines are running Windows 10 Anniversary Update. My laptop that I use to remote desktop in is an MSI GT70 with an nVidia 880m and an intel 4600. The machine I'm remote desktoping into has an nVidia 680.

Update: Actually, I forgot to change my HTPC from the fast ring updates so it's on the very latest insider preview. I mention this because I remote desktop'd into it and it seems to be working just fine now. Soooo, maybe MS screwed something up along the way that's now fixed.

I'm guessing that as always the nVidia on your laptop is only being used when a external monitor is set up and the Intel 4600 is driving the display of the laptop. That's usually the case.

If the RDP problem happens again please make sure that you use the latest driver for the Intel GPU. With RDP and Windows 10, the local GPU is driving DirectX, not the remote system. RDP tunnels all commands from host to client. If the client reports to the host that it supports DirectX then it has to implement the minimum set of commands or report that there is no DirectX support available. Either one works with CloneBD. Without DirectX support only the preview window stays black, that's the only noticeable difference.

Actually, this is an optimus laptop so it'll switch between intel and nvidia depending on what's being run. For gaming it'll always use the nvidia processor. Video always does, too. I can force the issue on a per app basis if I need to. I wasn't aware they had done that with the local gpu for RDP, though. Very interesting. I keep my drivers mostly up to date. Right now both machines have an nvidia update waiting for them that I've not gotten to yet. In any case, it seems to be working again.

Back