• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD 1.0.8.4: LPCM 48.0 kHz, 6 Ch, 16 Bits to lossless mkv

ErichV

Unfortunately, the LPCM sound track is borked after being transferred to a lossless mkv file. No downconvert option was selected in the CloneBD settings.
When playing the file, you feel belonging to people suffering from severe tinnitus. You can reproduce this behaviour with every common commercial or free software player.

Attachments

• bd.zip
    200.9 KB · Views: 2
No improvements with CloneBD 1.0.8.5 beta.

Attachments

• bd.zip
    241.6 KB · Views: 3
With 1.0.8.7 beta, the LPCM sound track isn't garbled anymore, but you cannot hear any conversations of the actors. Actually, only the background music is noticeable.

Attachments

• bd_v1087.zip
    241.6 KB · Views: 0
With 1.0.8.7 beta, the LPCM sound track isn't garbled anymore, but you cannot hear any conversations of the actors. Actually, only the background music is noticeable.

That depends on what player you use for playback.
VLC or MPC-HC should be fine with it (at least in our tests they did it, that's not a promise), but the problem really lies within a shortcoming of the Matroska specification, which doesn't provide a means to define the channel layout (speaker configuration) for LPCM.
That provision is simply missing. PowerDVD for example picks (any) 2 channels and plays them back. Since there are many different speaker layouts this is left to chance.

Other tools like MakeMKV circumvent this by encoding LPCM in a sort of WAV format, which includes the channel layout, but that is a proprietary Microsoft format. Will not work on some other players again (a problem known by MakeMKV users for years).
To be honest, there is no really good solution to store LPCM with more than 2 channels in MKV. I'd suggest converting to AC3.

It may help, if we swap the speaker layout in the encoding, so most players will use the correct channels, but some might chose this, others that layout, it's a mess.

You need a player that bitstreams it as is. Not all of them will. It's a pain in the ass to be honest.

Thank you for the technical insights, guys. I did some further testing in the meanwhile and wanted to share my experiences, but you were faster than me. (y)
From my point of view, only PowerDVD 15.0.2718.58 is affected by the aforementioned problem. VLC, MPC-HC, SMPlayer etc. are fine.
This issue is solved for me.

PDVD won't bitstream 16 bit LPCM. As I said, pain in the ass. LOL

Back