• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD 1.0.7.7 beta (3D > MKV)

Logfiles for failed disks.
Is there any way that one can detect if a disk should be SBS left/right or SBS right/left? found that the second Hobbit movie has to be encoded SBS right/left, so it would be nice to know what spec would be best compatible with mounted disk.

The elby guys will have to take a look at the log files.

As for r/l vs. r/l: I don't really see what you mean by "found that the second Hobbit movie has to be encoded SBS right/left" - the movie is not what's relevant.
The order of the pictures/eyes depends only on what your player supports.
I'll say that most 3D players will handle both r/l and l/r, the typical format is "left-right".

right-left can be helpful if you don't have any 3D equipment/player. Then you can still get a 3D image by crossing your eyes (though you will probably not want to watch a whole movie like that).

The elby guys will have to take a look at the log files.

As for r/l vs. r/l: I don't really see what you mean by "found that the second Hobbit movie has to be encoded SBS right/left" - the movie is not what's relevant.
The order of the pictures/eyes depends only on what your player supports.
I'll say that most 3D players will handle both r/l and l/r, the typical format is "left-right".

right-left can be helpful if you don't have any 3D equipment/player. Then you can still get a 3D image by crossing your eyes (though you will probably not want to watch a whole movie like that).
So encoding the first disk of two for the second Hobbit movie using L/R (which completed, fails on second disk) and playing back, the appearance did not look proper, and this became more obvious when there were subtitles like the ones introducing a location in the movie, not dialogue subtitles. So re-encoded using R/L and the movie now renders properly. The others that I've encoded successfully have all been L/R and they render properly. Also, the first Hobbit move was the same as second one. I am streaming these files to an LG Blu-ray player that does support 3D and MKV files and playing on a Panasonic 3D plasma. I have no idea what I am talking about which is why I am asking, but I'm also trying to find hints from other sources too. I does look to me like there is some dependency built into the disk that would determine the lead eye, but somebody smarter than me would know better.

The R/L L/R info is on the disc. LAV filters added support for reading this info and passing it to madvr, as an example. There's a way in the MKV spec to specify what it should be, as well. It would be nice if CloneBD can read the info from the disc and encode that into the MKV output so that it can be passed properly to madvr for rendering. There have been several movies that have been encoded R/L and it is per movie.

In any case, I'm playing with this now. I'm very very happy to see this functionality get added.

The R/L L/R info is on the disc. LAV filters added support for reading this info and passing it to madvr, as an example. There's a way in the MKV spec to specify what it should be, as well. It would be nice if CloneBD can read the info from the disc and encode that into the MKV output so that it can be passed properly to madvr for rendering. There have been several movies that have been encoded R/L and it is per movie.

In any case, I'm playing with this now. I'm very very happy to see this functionality get added.

I see what you mean. In that case the detection is not correct.
That dropdown is not meant for this, it only determines the output order.

I see what you mean. In that case the detection is not correct.
That dropdown is not meant for this, it only determines the output order.

Right but I don't see an option in there to "use blu-ray info" for output. Also, is it ALWAYS doing SBS output? No frame packed? Just trying to figure out where the functionality is currently at.

Right but I don't see an option in there to "use blu-ray info" for output. Also, is it ALWAYS doing SBS output? No frame packed? Just trying to figure out where the functionality is currently at.

Currently ONLY sbs is supported - at this stage only the 3D decoder is being used (sbs only requires a 2D encoder).
Once 3D decoding is bug-free, they'll add encoding support, which will allow for MVC-output.

Hmm... we'll see how we can account for that.
Do you happen to have a list of titles that have swapped left/right images that we can use for testing?
Currently, I wouldn't even know where that would be indicated.

Do you happen to have a list of titles that have swapped left/right images that we can use for testing?
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey is R/L
Guardians of the Galaxy is L/R

Currently ONLY sbs is supported - at this stage only the 3D decoder is being used (sbs only requires a 2D encoder).
Once 3D decoding is bug-free, they'll add encoding support, which will allow for MVC-output.

Ok. It should be possible just to pass that through potentially as frame packed. Might be something to look at.

I don't have a list of titles, no. I'm not sure how that info is read. I think libbluray can read it cause Nev is parsing it for LAV filters somehow.

Ok. It should be possible just to pass that through potentially as frame packed. Might be something to look at.

Of course, that would work and will be an option, once the MVC as an MKV option is added (I'm not sure, though, how many players can handle MKVs with that format).
It doesn't make much sense right now from the usability pov (confusion as to why "compression is not available when I select....").

That left eye right eye thing is a real problem. The h.264 specification lists elements (SEI) that would carry that information (e.g. this frame is left view), but none of the 3D BDs I've tested, uses these.
I have a 3D disc that - apparently - has swapped left and right eyes and I can find no indication whatsoever that would point to this fact.

My advice is to play that disc with lav filters and madvr. I'm willing to bet it plays correctly. I'm not sure how the magic works in parsing that information but you could attempt to contact nevcariel and ask him.

P.s. Any player that uses lav and madvr has the ability to play frame packed mkv. I do it in mc21 now all the time. It's awesome.

DX won't install or update if it's not needed, even if enabled. That's a check built into the installer.:)

Which is exactly what I already said on page 2

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Back