• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD 1.0.7.7 beta (3D > MKV)

Ivan

RedFox Admin Team
Staff member
http://www.elby.ch/download/SetupCloneBD1077beta.exe

1.0.7.7 BETA 2016-03-05
  • new: added (preliminary) support for 3D output to .mkv files
  • change: preview player controls application volume level instead of master volume
  • change: do not compress slide shows when creating Blu-ray copies.
  • fix: unsynchronized disc parameter access could cause a crash
  • fix: audio playback issues on Panasonic players
  • minor fixes and improvements
  • updated languages

EDIT/IMPORTANT NOTE: the GUI currently allows the selection of "lossless video" when creating a 3D side-by-side MKV, which is, of course impossible, as this format requires re-encoding.
Please be sure, not to select lossless video when creating 3D MKVs.
The next version will suppress that option in this case.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope that this will fix the issues I had with "Straight Outta Compton" that I've had for over a month now.

Can you provide some explanation for the drop down on 3D format? Not sure what selection would be correct. 2D on the drop down for a 3D disk 5 minute intro at 3.2Mbps shows 7GB output, which is the size of other BR's that are ~2 hours in length. I'm just running some tests to get familiar. Thank you.

I figured it out, ran side by side and streamed to LG BD670 player connected to Panasonic 3D plasma, the tv detected the 3D signal and when 3D enabled, the frames played properly. Having some troubles with the transcoder crashing though.

Last edited:
Can you provide some explanation for the drop down on 3D format? Not sure what selection would be correct. 2D on the drop down for a 3D disk 5 minute intro at 3.2Mbps shows 7GB output, which is the size of other BR's that are ~2 hours in length. I'm just running some tests to get familiar. Thank you.

I can't see that happening, are you sure you don't have any additional titles selected, other than the 5 minute one? Otherwise: please create a log file.

The drop down is fairly simple:
2D -> just create a 2D MKV
side by side left/right -> 3D MKV in sbs format left eye on left side (the most used format)
side by side right/left -> 3D MKV in sbs format left eye on right side

I can't see that happening, are you sure you don't have any additional titles selected, other than the 5 minute one? Otherwise: please create a log file.

The drop down is fairly simple:
2D -> just create a 2D MKV
side by side left/right -> 3D MKV in sbs format left eye on left side (the most used format)
side by side right/left -> 3D MKV in sbs format left eye on right side

I will do some more testing, I ran several attempts not thinking to re-mount the media and was experiencing transcoder crashes, am currently encoding a different full length using side by side left/right at 7Mbps with an estimated 7GB output. Thus far, SWEET! :)

I tried doing a MKV on the short "menu background" of The Martian and it quit with a transcode error. Hope the attached file is what you need.

On a different note, I don't think the CloneBD window is scaling correctly on my laptop. The screen resolution is "QHD 2560 x 1440" .. I've attached 3 pictures of the screen.

Attachments

• P1020484.JPG
    P1020484.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 32
  • P1020485.JPG
    P1020485.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 30
  • P1020486.JPG
    P1020486.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 27
Straight Outta Compton created MKV, and I did use AnyDVD HD and CloneBD to remove Cinavia. However, I'm still having issues in creating an ISO with the movie.

I'm attaching the AnyDVD HD log, and the log of the MKV I created, and the pics of when CloneBD stalled on my PC.

Attachments

• MKV_3-5-16_STRAIGHT_OUTTA_COMPTO.zip
    23.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 2016-03-05_14-52-42.jpg
    2016-03-05_14-52-42.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 2016-03-05_15-53-15.jpg
    2016-03-05_15-53-15.jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 2016-03-05_17-06-49.jpg
    2016-03-05_17-06-49.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 22
  • AnyDVD_7.6.9.1_Info_H_STRAIGHT_OUTTA_COMPTO.ziplog
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
Some of the movies that I'm working with have separate episodes for their 3D playlist, can you add a feature to combine these into one file? Also have verified that 'Alice in Wonderland' and 'Gravity' are causing transcoder failures. Have succeeded with 'Guardians of the Galaxy' and 'Dredd', but Dredd is one of those with multiple 'episodes' for the 3D render, and therefore, produce multiple files. Will rerun the failed ones and provide logs/dumps in the morning.

Tried on "3D Rarities" disc, both a subsection of the main title and a complete bonus title. Failed immediately with a transcoder failure. I can collect a log if that would be useful.

I re-tried The Martian main title (incase it was an issue with the short "menu background") and it also failed. I've attached the log incase it's different from the first log.

Logfiles for failed disks.
Is there any way that one can detect if a disk should be SBS left/right or SBS right/left? found that the second Hobbit movie has to be encoded SBS right/left, so it would be nice to know what spec would be best compatible with mounted disk.

Have done:
Disabled antivirus
Killed HW monitors
Run program "As Administrator"

Attachments

335.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I notice the message, during conversion, indicating the CPU performance has changed in this new version. Previously, if the video codec was VC-1 this was identified as the reason for lower CPU performance.

Now, in the message, it states (for example) “CloneBD is currently not making full use of your CPU. It could operate apx. 133% faster”.

Unfortunately, (IMO) the message, without a reason for the lower performance is a little ambiguous. It implies something might be done to get an improvement – if there is a setting/method, I’m not aware of it.

Nice to see a 3D update even thoo beta its a start woop woop :confused::cool::D:sneaky:(y):whistle:

I notice there are now three install options, Program Files (Required), DirectX Install and Desktop Icon.

So what version of DX wants to be installed? I already have several and I don't want to muck up the versions I have already installed, nor do I want to install another.

Is it still the DX 9 web install version? I wish there was some way to find out that info in the install program.

I notice there are now three install options, Program Files (Required), DirectX Install and Desktop Icon.

So what version of DX wants to be installed? I already have several and I don't want to muck up the versions I have already installed, nor do I want to install another.

Is it still the DX 9 web install version? I wish there was some way to find out that info in the install program.
You told me something I didn't know. I'm on Windows 8.1, so I'm sure that I have the correct version of DirectX that I need for my OS.

The direct X option has been there for months now. It needs to install because of some files CloneBD uses. If the files are already present on the system, they won't be installed.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Do you have to worry about updating the dx for clonebd for performance?

DX won't install or update if it's not needed, even if enabled. That's a check built into the installer.

The direct X option has been there for months now. It needs to install because of some files CloneBD uses. If the files are already present on the system, they won't be installed.

I don't doubt it has been there for months, I just hadn't noticed since I haven't installed a CloneBD version for several months. :)

I asked my question because in the past other apps that wanted to install DX did it even if the version was installed. That ended up making a mess of the several DX versions I have installed.

Thank you for reinforcing my belief that RedFox and Elby do their job and research to be as user friendly as possible by not installing needed software is already installed. Other companies are not as professional.

I don't doubt it has been there for months, I just hadn't noticed since I haven't installed a CloneBD version for several months. :)

It had been there since the few first versions of CloneBD, so there are lot months ago.

Back