• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

clone speed

gambler

Hi Everyone
I;m new at this and just love the products, i'm wondering how long it should take to clone a dvd. i was using nero and anydvd and it would take me almost 2 hrs to burn a dvd. now i have tried clone2 and just burning the main movie took little over 1 hr is this normal ?

it depends on how much compression clonedvd has to do, for the whole rip & burn, mine are about the 20-30 minutes

if i remember correctly it said did not have to compress

so 1 hr sems to be a little long ???? any thing i can do to speed process up ????

The time to clone a DVD movie (writing to the harddrive and then burning to a blank DVD) is also a function of how much RAM memory you have and how fast your processor is, I would think. Also the speed you choose to burn to the blank is a function of the time it takes. I usually burn my DVDs using CloneDVD2 mostly at 4X and sometimes at 6X, but never faster as I want the best copy to be made with no pauses, etc. in the copy.

If you are burning your DVDs at maximum or even 16X and you notice the copy you make has gaps or pauses when you watch the copy, then you are pushing the writing process.

Hope this has helped. Don't worry about the speed; your major desire should be a great copy with no gaps or pauses.

I think it also has to do with your PC hardware....I recently upgraded my PC with almost entirely new components EXCEPT for using my old burner units (not that old..16x units). With no software changes, I cut my full DVD back-up time from the old 55-60 mins to now about 30-35 mins.

So while people might make suggestions I think there are certain restrictions based on how quickly your PC transfers the data around.

Clone Time

Bottom Line... The "Beefier" your system the shorter it will take to clone.

Back