• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Clone DVD2 stops copying

chubbjer

Greetings, I have been using Clone DVD and Clone CD for several years without problems. I was forced to purchase a new computer recently due to hard drive failure. A couple days ago I down loaded Clone CD and Clone DVD2, and used my original keys that I have on disc. This seems to work fine. I down loaded the new Redfox Any DVD and purchased a new license key. I have tried copying a few movies all with the same outcome, Clone DVD gets a little ways in, then gives a "Cant read from this device" error. My new PC is an Asus all in on with a "Slim type DVD A DA8A6SH" DVD burner. I have attached a pic of the error. if anyone can help me. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_3667.JPG
    IMG_3667.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 18
Hi, Heres where I'm at; I have no other burning software other than what might have come with windows 10. DVD is clean. driver updates are current. region is set at 1. Redfox AnyDVD and Clone DVD are newly downloaded less than a week ago. Itried using Clone CD, with multiple failures. Attached is the logfile of the original disc.Thanks

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.4.0_Info_D_Premonition.ziplog
    183.7 KB · Views: 2
That's odd, in the drive properties it says the drive is set on region 1. Also the disc is brand new and so is the PC, I bought the PC a month ago. I have tried to clone 5 discs, all with the same outcome. Also, I all the disc's play fine.

Last edited:
It's not odd at all. You're looking at the properties with anydvd ACTIVE. Disable AnyDVD completely! (tray icon may NOT be running), look again, SURPRISE! New drives never come with a region assigned, and if you're setting the drive region with anydvd active it won't work. AnyDVD fools windows into thinking one is assigned when it's not. That's why it's vital to exit anydvd first.

Set your drive region and try again.

You were right, after disabling Anydvd and a few restarts it is set to region 1, I thought this might have fixed it, but the reading only got to 7% before it failed. I have attached a new scan log.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.4.0_Info_D_Premonition.ziplog
    178.9 KB · Views: 1
If that slim drive reads other discs fine, it's a defective disc. I'd it doesn't try reading the disc in a different drive. Slim drives are notorious for being lousy readers/rippers, but I'm betting defective disc.

Back