clone dvd works well except........

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by camel24hrs, Jul 16, 2007.

1. camel24hrs

camel24hrs New Member

I have had no problems using clone dvd ....except when I attempt to burn to a dvd-r dl. I get the dreaded " source data to large " message. I have tried this on both pcs that I have and get the same result. Both have liteon burners one a 20 speed and one a 16 speed. And both have the latest firm ware installed on them.

Now I can burn the image to my hard drive and use Nero to burn it to a dual layer. But that kind of defeats the purpose of clone dvd......And yes, tried it on verbatum disc too........Any suggestions.......?

2. customshopkv1

customshopkv1 Well-Known Member

3. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

1) Do not use dvd-r DL. Use dvd+R DL only (and only use Verbatim made in Singapore)

2. Select "dvd-9" near the quality bar in Clonedvd

4. camel24hrs

camel24hrs New Member

problem

problem is my toshieba dvd player doesnt play any plus formated dvds. So if I want to go with dl then it has to be a minus........no problem burning iso files to -dl with nero.....just takes forever going that route.

5. Webslinger

Change the booktype to dvd-rom: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (step 3)

6. Whisperer

Whisperer Well-Known Member

That is what bitsetting (booktyping) is for. It tells your player that your +R disks are DVD-ROM and then they will play.

7. camel24hrs

camel24hrs New Member

well that is to cool

Thanks guys, just have to figure out what to do with the stack of 22 dvd-r dl disk I have lol, guess I can use then for data disc. lol

8. Webslinger

Sorry for the silly question, but you're not using cd-rs, right?

And your definitely using DL discs and not single layer dvd-rs, right?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  9. camel24hrs

camel24hrs New Member

Yes, It has dvd-r dl written on it and I verified it with smart burn.