• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Clone DVD wont load Video_TS folder.

muragg

I back up a lot of movies but recently I've had 2 movies give me the same problem.

Open Season and Stranger then Fiction.

With AnyDVD running as normal i open up Clone DVD (all the latest versions) and proceed to "Copy DVD Titles". I click on the drop down menu to load "Video_TS" folder like normal and it will hang up and never come back.

Anyone have this happen? Ive tried numerous times and it always hangs the same way. I open task manager and have to kill the process (non responding).

Before i dive to deep into this issue i wanted to see if any one had similar problems first?

Thanks in advance.

I have been having the same problem....it locks up and wont work....I'm looking for an answer as well....Im wondering.....can we overwrite the program and still use the key to activate the full version?

I have been having the same problem....it locks up and wont work....I'm looking for an answer as well....Im wondering.....can we overwrite the program and still use the key to activate the full version?

You should both be using Anydvd 6.1.3.0 and Clonedvd 2.9.0.3

If you keep your license key backed up you don't have to worry.

Can your drives see the video_ts folders of these discs in windows explorer?

It will also help if you can answer these questions:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=393

Its working now.

I was using the current versions but then i remembered reading about having packet writing software installed on your computer. I totally forgot i had the Intervideo sweet installed which does have the packet writing and drag and drop ect.

I uninstalled that suite, rebooted and everything works great. :doh:

The really strange thing was the movie wouldnt even play with media player or real player. I could access the dvd from explorer but nothing would actually play it. It was just freeze.

Now i can play it fine with the above software and also back it up using clone dvd.

Its working now.

I was using the current versions but then i remembered reading about having packet writing software installed on your computer. I totally forgot i had the Intervideo sweet installed which does have the packet writing and drag and drop ect.

Yeah packet writing software is next to useless as well (and it's not very secure/stable method of backing up data). If you want that kind of functionality, I recommend dvd-ram instead.

Anyway, in the link I posted that's one of the reasons why I mentioned removing packet writing software. It often creates a lot of problems with other applications.

Glad everything's working for you. :clap:

Another possible reason for the problem of CloneDVD not opening a Video TS folder is that these new releases with navagation protections can have 80-100 title sets on the original DVD. We get used to AnyDVD decrypting a normaly protected disk in 3-5 seconds and that under these conditions, we can open CloneDVD quickly and everything is ready to go.

It is easy to overlook that it may take 20-30 seconds for AnyDVD to decrypt these new releases with mucho Titles. If you open CloneDVD before the decrypting of the original DVD has been finished, there may be nothing for CloneDVD to "see" ... yet. I may be off base and just guessing here but in any case, I would suggest not opening CloneDVD until the Slysoft Fox (in the system tray) has turned from grey back to red again.

Whisperer

Last edited:
Anyway, in the link I posted that's one of the reasons why I mentioned removing packet writing software. It often creates a lot of problems with other applications.
although i have absolutely no problems at present backing up discs,what is packet writing software and how do i know if i've got it?
if i'm having no problems,do i need to worry about this anyway?

although i have absolutely no problems at present backing up discs,what is packet writing software and how do i know if i've got it?

Nero's Incd, Direct cd, etc., are examples of packet writing software. Packet writing software allows you to use blank discs as you would a floppy drive (drag and drop). Again, if you want this functionality, I recommend dvd-ram instead.

if i'm having no problems,do i need to worry about this anyway?

No

Back