• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Clone DVD Mobile vs Clone DVD

bearkats90

Hi all,

I am looking for a little help on the above software.

I borrowed a couple of movies from a friend that made back-ups using Any DVD and Clone DVD. They play fine in my home DVD players and even in a Poloroid portable DVD player. When I try to play them in my SUV's DVD player it says "bad disc" and ejects it.

In order to play these in my SUV DVD player does this require a 3-step process(i.e. Any DVD-->Clone DVD-->Clone DVD Mobile or would it be Any DVD -->Clone DVD Mobile). The portable player is about a year older than the SUV player, so I don't think it's technology issue.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Try different blank media. Some players just do not like certain discs especially dvd recordables.

try dvd-r , dvd + r

I would use a quality brand like Verbatim.

In order to play these in my SUV DVD player does this require a 3-step process(i.e. Any DVD-->Clone DVD-->Clone DVD Mobile or would it be Any DVD -->Clone DVD Mobile). The portable player is about a year older than the SUV player, so I don't think it's technology issue.

No . . jhkilroy is correct. The fact the your PC and Poloroid play works means that the process works correctly. You really want to find better media.

AnyDVD and CloneDVD are all you need for the process. This will create a CLONE of the original dvd including all menus, subtiles etc as the options are set in CloneDVD.

CloneDVDMobile is used to create a file for use by portable players. Players that either don't support the standard DVD format or can play files (like avi) which will be reduced in size from the original DVD. For example i used to use cloneDVD for all my movies so I can take them on the road without possible injury to my originals. But now i use cloneDvdMobile to make avi files which then i can load on my 250 GIG drive. With that drive and my 500 gig music drive i am pretty well taken care of for each trip

Thank you jhkilroy and dtsig for the advice. I will be purchasing both AnyDVD and CloneDVD for myself and I will try a different media. I believe my friend used DVD+R.

Thanks again

Thank you jhkilroy and dtsig for the advice. I will be purchasing both AnyDVD and CloneDVD for myself and I will try a different media. I believe my friend used DVD+R.

There really shouldn't be a difference between +r and -r on the playback. That really should only come into account at the time of recording.

But you want to be sure that you are using highly rated discs. go to cdfreeks.com and check out what they suggest for media.

Some players won't read +R discs. Most recorders let you change the booktype to from +R/+RW to DVD-ROM, which makes them more compatible.

Like GezusK said. The best route to go would be to have a DVD burner that is capable of booktyping to DVD-ROM. Some DVD players read DVD+R, some read DVD-R, and some read both. But all DVD players should read a DVD-ROM.

CloneDVD Mobile is mainly used to get movies onto a memory card for use with devices such as iPods, PSPs, and mobile phones. If you are trying to burn a DVD, then CloneDVD is the way to go.

Back