• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Clone DVD Mobile Procesing time questions

delafoo

So,

I cloned a DVD last night for my Creative Zen Vision:M 60gb.
Total procesing time: 5.5 hours. Damn. That's a long a$$ time to process a non-protected DVD that is 1 hour long.

Any suggestions on how I can speed this up? If not, can I run more than 1 Clone DVD application at the same time to improve efficiency?

Thanks!

~Bb

BTW...

I'm running WinXP home, 768mb ram, 320gb hard drive, intel celeron 1.7Ghz processor.

BTW...

I'm running WinXP home, 768mb ram, 320gb hard drive, intel celeron 1.7Ghz processor.

You do not have the fastest system on the planet to say the least, so what you're experiencing may be normal. However, there are somethings that you can check:

a) Is DMA enabled for your drives in
i) Windows XP?
ii) Windows Vista?
iii) general?

b) Is the original source disc bad? If so, the reading process will take longer.
Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

c) Did you select an appropriate burn speed in whatever program you're using? Obviously 4x is going to take longer than 12x.

d) Try another cable on the back of your burner (try an 80 wire cable if you have an ide burner). Maybe your existing cable has gone bad.

e) Try defragmenting your hard drive.

f)) Ensure speed control is unchecked in Anydvd (or at least, ensure "Slow and Quiet" is not enabled).

So,

I cloned a DVD last night for my Creative Zen Vision:M 60gb.
Total procesing time: 5.5 hours. Damn. That's a long a$$ time to process a non-protected DVD that is 1 hour long.

Any suggestions on how I can speed this up? If not, can I run more than 1 Clone DVD application at the same time to improve efficiency?

Thanks!

~Bb

Also: what version of CloneDVD mobile were you using? v1.1.6.0 should have a significant speedup compared to 1.1.5.x

Back