• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Clone DVD and VISTA

fingers

Has anyone had any success with this? I have VISTA Ultimate installed and have been burning coasters ever since.

Hi :)
Welcome fingers.:agree: :clap:
Not enough info. You need to take a look at Webslingers stickies.
I run Vista Ultimate & have had no problems burning to any of my DVDRW's using CloneDVD2, or Nero etc.
What is your drive make/model/firmware.

Hi :)
2 burns completed just mins ago. Vista/CloneDVD2. 2 different DVDRW's (Although both Lite-On's). Looks good to me.;)

Hi;

I was having a similar problem. I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate (32-Bit). I recently upgraded from XP. In XP, it worked great. In Vista, CloneDVD, no-workee so good.

I had AnyDVD running and CloneDVD and when CloneDVD went to start the scan on the Audio and Subtitle settings, the whole pc froze. I had to cold boot the pc to recovery.

In the event viewer I found this:
"The program CloneDVD2.exe version 2.9.0.3 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Problem Reports and Solutions control panel. Process ID: c44 Start Time: 01c747ac818c433c Termination Time: 60000"

But a few entries earlier I found this in the event viewer"
"A thread in process C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\Mcshield.exe took longer than 90000 ms to complete a request.
The process will be terminated. Thread id : 3372 (0xd2c)
Thread address : 0x77520F34
Thread message :

Build VSCORE.13.3.1.100 / 5100.194
Object being scanned = \Device\CdRom1\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.VOB
by C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\CloneDVD2\CloneDVD2.exe"

By adjusting my Virus scan On-Access-Scan to exclude my DVD drives, CloneDVD work perfectly again.

Maybe your settings are similiar?

Has anyone had any success with this? I have VISTA Ultimate installed and have been burning coasters ever since.

Same here. I am burning coasters left and right. I use an external usb drive as the writer and an internal as the reader.

I have gone back to my XP drive for copying movies because I dont think clonedvd and Vista are ready for prime time. It seems to coaster movies that take the whole disc because every failure would be deep into the writing process. When I burned flags of our fathers it coastered everytime I switched back to XP and no problem at all. Same machine same hardware same everything just switched my sata cable to the xp and whola all was well again. Because there are so many people saying "works here..." I dont think the problem will be resolved anytime soon so I've just gone back to XP for sure fired burning.

Even anydvd will not properly autostart in Vista and again the " works here " crowd cause the problem never to be seriously looked at. I can assure it does not work right and if slysoft wants me to video tape it I will. I personally think the vista ' works here ' crowd are using just one internal drive and are not sampling enough movies. Personally I think Vista is causing timing problems with the writer and clonedvd is interrupting it as a write error and hence the "oh no" message.... just my personal opinion.

Running Vista Ultimate x64, burning/copying lots of movies, no coasters here.

Vista? Thanks, but no thanks

I go back decades with computers, and a good rule of thumb is,

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it !!! "

It was only a few months ago that I switched from 98SE to XP media edition. The issue was a need to put in very large HDD's, because 98SE is limited to about 130-gig partitions. XP today seems to be a stable OS with some number of capabilities 98SE didn't have; however there will have to be some sort of very compelling issue over something which can't be done under XP before I consider any further changes.

Back