• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Clone dvd and Cinavia

gandhawk

It appears that Cinavia can be a problem with Blu-ray disks. I am having a problem with Cinavia on dvd's. I am using a blu-ray/dvd player. Are they putting cinavia on dvd's also? Will Slysoft eventually deal withg it if it is?

It appears that Cinavia can be a problem with Blu-ray disks. I am having a problem with Cinavia on dvd's. I am using a blu-ray/dvd player. Are they putting cinavia on dvd's also? Will Slysoft eventually deal withg it if it is?

There are some Cinavia DVDs, although not anywhere near the number as Bluray. The fix is the same: (1) Play using a software player with AnyDVD running, (2) Play on a Bluray player made prior to 2012, (3) Play on a DVD player.

There are some Cinavia DVDs, although not anywhere near the number as Bluray. The fix is the same: (1) Play using a software player with AnyDVD running, (2) Play on a Bluray player made prior to 2012, (3) Play on a DVD player.

I have tried to run Pixels, that has Cinavia on early Blu-Ray players, and they still lose sound. Players used: Sony BDP-S350, Sony BDP-S360, and a Panasonic, model unknown, from 2008.

I'll post in another thread but Pixels played just fine on my laptop, running PowerDVD 13.

MC

nice thread necro :) Anyway, there are 0 standalone DVD-only players that detect cinavia, simple reason: it's not a part of the DVD standard as such they don't need to detect it.

Cinavia is a major defect with AnyDvd and it must be dealt with.

nice thread necro :) Anyway, there are 0 standalone DVD-only players that detect cinavia, simple reason: it's not a part of the DVD standard as such they don't need to detect it.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but, isn't an HDMI connection required for Cinavia to be 'active'? Later stand alone DVD players were almost all toslink (Optical) or digital 5.1 sound, and none (at least none of all *my* old, 'in the corner pile' standalone DVD players, had HDMI or DVI.

MC

Well I think that hdmi is the standard now and Cinavia is a four letter word and it must be fixed.

you think wrong. HDMI is a video port connection like VGA, dvi, displayport. HDMI has nothing to do with cinavia. Toslink (optical audio) doesn't have anything to do with cinavia either, that's an audio output port. No more, no less. The only thing that cinavia cares about is if the disc is encrypted, if it isn't it tells the player to mute the audio. All of that happens inside the player, the video connection or the audio port are irrevelant.

Well I think that hdmi is the standard now and Cinavia is a four letter word and it must be fixed.

Too bad the developer hasn't fixed this problem yet. I too am disappointed. If they can do it for BD disks it should be possible for DVD's. I'm glad I can try before I buy. I will not be purchasing this product because of the lack of ability to effectively copy Cinavia encrypted DVD's.

Too bad the developer hasn't fixed this problem yet. I too am disappointed. If they can do it for BD disks it should be possible for DVD's. I'm glad I can try before I buy. I will not be purchasing this product because of the lack of ability to effectively copy Cinavia encrypted DVD's.
Cinavia on a DVD doesn't bother me at all, I just play on an upscaling DVD player instead of a Bluray player.

CloneBD can't do it either on its own, its AnyDVD that applies the removal fix through CloneBD.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

Cinavia on a DVD doesn't bother me at all, I just play on an upscaling DVD player instead of a Bluray player.

Not acceptable. I shouldn't have to buy special equipment if AnyDVD works as advertised.

it does work as advertised. Nowhere is it said that anydvd REMOVES cinavia for DVD's.

Whatever....misleading at best. But no skin off my back, try before you buy. They can/should fix the problem. Works fine for BD. Why not make it work for dvd??

it's only misleading if it sais it does and it doesn't. It doesn't say it anywhere. The cinavia removal setting speficially mentions CloneBD, as it only works with BD's at the moment. Why not make it for DVD's? Well perhaps it aint that easy. AnyDVD physically hacks into CloneBD for doing it.

Fair enough. Obviously I have no idea how difficult or easy it might be to do. I'm just saying I can't be the only one who would like that ability. I would think that RF would benefit from having that ability. They would have a larger potential customers, like me. Maybe they should change the name from "ANYdvd" to "anydvd except Cinavia encrypted".

Fair enough. Obviously I have no idea how difficult or easy it might be to do. I'm just saying I can't be the only one who would like that ability. I would think that RF would benefit from having that ability. They would have a larger potential customers, like me. Maybe they should change the name from "ANYdvd" to "anydvd except Cinavia encrypted".
If it was so easy, why hasn't anyone done it? I can think of two reasons quickly.

First, programmers probably don't want to spend the time on a DVD, when it can simply be played on a DVD player. Yow want a programmer to spend their time and effort because you're too cheap to spend $45 on an upscaling DVD player. I bet you waste a lot more than that every month.

Second, for AnyDVD to remove Cinavia, it would need to hook into every DVD software (or at least CloneDVD). Yea, I can see that happening. Then there would be the complainers because it works with CloneDVD, but not their XYZ software.

Takes the same amount of time to load a DVD in a DVD player as it does a Bluray player. And I would bet you have an unused HDMI port on your TV.

Cinavia is also not an encryption. It's an audio DRM. Encryptions are designed to stop you from making a rip. Cinavia doesn't do that, it stops you from fully PLAYING the rip with audio you already made.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) with Tapatalk

Are all dvd upconverters still cinavia hardware free? Does any dvd hd allow us to record blu rays without cinavia? I know that blu ray players produced after 2012 have the cinavia reading hardware in them, I thought all players including dvd players do as well. Is that not the case ?

Does the newer versions of any dvd hd or clone dvd help in removing cinavia on blu rays? I Do the older versions of any dvd or clone dvd pre- redfox have a fix for cinavia ? What I mean is can cinavia be removed from blu ray discs that will play on post 2012and newer blu ray players ?

Back