CLone DC Feature Questions

Discussion in 'CloneCD' started by DF1234, Oct 25, 2007.

1. DF1234

DF1234 Member

Can you do a multisecession CD burn?
    Can you password protect a burned CD so that it can not be copied onto a hard drive?
    Can this program replace DVDXCopy if you purchase AnyDVD software?
    Can a DVD movie be copied onto a dual layer with no additional sftware neede or will you need software like DVDShrink to do this?

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Provided the original disc is, yes.

no

No clue. I am not familiar with dvdxcopy. All Clonecd does is produce an exact backup. Clonecd does not compress video onto
    a single layer disc, for instance. If the original disc is on a double layer disc, you will need to use a double layer blank for your backup.

You don't need Shrink. Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327 and follow the steps

3. DF1234

DF1234 Member

Provided the original disc is, yes.

I am not sure I understand. If I have data I want to burn onto a CD can I take a blank CD using Clone CD, make it a multseccession disc, burn the data to the disc then come back at a later time and burn more data onto the disc?
    I am looking for burn software to replace Nero with out all the garbage that comes along with it. Their customer support is very poor also.

4. pseudo555

pseudo555 Moderator (fr)

Clonecd can't make data disc, it can only clone a disc.

5. Webslinger

No. Clonecd is not a disc authoring program. So clonecd cannot replace Nero. Clonecd simply attempts to backup the original disc. That's all.

6. DF1234

DF1234 Member

What software would it be recommended to use along with Clone CD and AnyDVD that would allow me to burn a data CD and multisecession CD? I do not want to use Nero or Roxio products.

7. Webslinger

It would be best to ask your question in the Third Party Products forum.

I do use Nero Burning Rom (I have version 8 ). I don't have issues with it.

8. pseudo555

pseudo555 Moderator (fr)

Personally, i use droppix recorder.