Clone CD Development?

Discussion in 'CloneCD' started by sgc, Mar 1, 2007.

1. sgc

sgc Member

Just wondered if there was still serious development on Clone CD. Most of the recent updates have been primarily associated with minor technical/read type issues with nothing really addressing many of the new protections.

2. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

If it isn't broken, I wouldn't want to fix it.:disagree:

3. sgc

sgc Member

Agreed up to a point, the current product works fine on the protections it can handle. I was more interested in whether there was any development work aimed at addressing the more recent protections

4. mike20021969

mike20021969 Well-Known Member

all 'recent protections' will be taken care of by anydvd updates.

5. DetroitBaseball

DetroitBaseball Well-Known Member

CloneCD doesn't need to use AnyDVD. It should work without AnyDVD.

6. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Clonecd does need Anydvd for movie backups (only).

7. bjproc

bjproc Well-Known Member

it sounds as if the OP is on about cd games protection, so it shouldn't need anydvd to by-pass these

8. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

If so, then you are, of course, correct.

9. TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's how I read the question as well... there are quite a few newer protections which CloneCD can't handle. Perhaps Slysoft intends to use some of the technology from Game Jackal combined with CloneCD. Although I never actually used GJ before, so I'm not sure if this is even possible... however, despite the fact it didn't actually copy game discs, I assume it must've had some way of circumventing the protection, right? I guess we'll have to wait on the press release.

10. mike20021969

mike20021969 Well-Known Member

not only does anydvd remove protection on dvd's,but it will remove cd audio protection if it is present on an audio disc which i'd imagine is rare these days.but clonecd will back up unprotected discs.

11. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

Are you sure? I thought the new *marketing* stratagy was to encourage the purchase of any TWO promoted products in order to solve the latest protection problems. :D <EG>

-W