• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Clone BD / Aquaman UHD Germany

You could just zip the (full) dump file ;-)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

I have read that option later. Besides -I'm lazy :) and that worked faster.

I have read that option later. Besides -I'm lazy :) and that worked faster.
OK, it's a good start, thank you - the large dump would have been better, but maybe this one is enough, though.

For the future it's really better to zip the files (the forum allows large zip files and no "unknown" files specifically to encourage compression).
The dump file compresses down to a tenth of it's size, so it's worth it.

One thing that immediately stands out is that you have aclayers.dll loaded in your CloneBD process, which means you have some compatibility setting activated.
That will not help with programs that were written for the current version of Windows. The compatibility mode is only a crutch for programs that "don't feel well" with current OS versions.

I'm not 100% sure, yet, but I think the cause is somehow related to subtitles.
I'll let you know...

@Reto ,

believe it or not: The full dump was a 2.2GB file!!!!

Hmm - aclayers.dll. I did not activate any compatibility mode intentionally. I will check this. But be aware that 1.2.4.8 on the same machine with the same settings etc. finishes that movie w/o any issues.

believe it or not: The full dump was a 2.2GB file!!!!
Yes, that is quite possible, those get huge. Compressed it may have been 200MB. But it's not required anymore, we found the cause.

Hmm - aclayers.dll. I did not activate any compatibility mode intentionally. I will check this. But be aware that 1.2.4.8 on the same machine with the same settings etc. finishes that movie w/o any issues.
That is because 1.2.4.8 used a more "naive" approach to handling Dolby TrueHD or Atmos, like the most other tools.
With the updated handler, which handles Atmos with utmost (sorry, couldn't resist) accuracy fell on its face with this particular disc, because it uses an unusual (but legitimate) packing mode.

The upcoming update should fix all remaining issues.

@Reto ,

great you could find the root cause and I'm always happy to help. As you should know already ;).

P.S.: Couldn't find this aclayer.dll anywhere in the services running. Ran SFC /scannow and it didn't find anything. Could you point out where to search for that dll being active?

Last edited:
P.S.: Couldn't find this aclayer.dll anywhere in the services running. Ran SFC /scannow and it didn't find anything. Could you point out where to search for that dll being active?
It's not a service, it's only a dll.
Once you mark an application as requiring compatibility mode (for win8, win7, winxp, whatever), the OS will inject it into that process.
The aclayers.dll then hooks numerous Windows API functions and bends their behavior, so they appear to work as they did under the requested OS version.
That can, occasionally, fix trouble with older applications (really old ones), but just as well can cause trouble with new ones.

I don't think there are any windows onboard tricks that will list DLLs loaded by an application.

But if you want to verify, check out Process Explorer.
It's a very useful tool that reveals a lot of things, that are normally hidden.

Woah! I just read through this thread because I had the same issues with the same movie at the same time using 1.2.4.11. (n)
Using 1.2.4.8 did the job for me too.(y)

There is an expression in german: "kaputt repariert" which can't really be translated but means "fixing until it's hopelessly broken".;)
I'm not trying to criticize but all versions after 1.2.4.8 have had different issues.
I personally can live without the new and improved accurate updated handler for ATMOS if the old one works too.o_O

I'm willing to try new versions but if they don't do the job I'll go back (what choice do I have?).
Just for info: I also converted "The Cabin in the Woods" UHD with 1.2.4.11 - which went well...:thankyou:

I personally can live without the new and improved accurate updated handler for ATMOS if the old one works too.o_O
Well, the old one didn't. At least not with all discs. Several Disney Atmos discs didn't work well (and still don't work well when processed with other applications). Now CloneBD handles them perfectly.
That's what Betas are for. If you don't want to risk a problematic version, stick with release versions.

It's definitely not "kaputtrepariert", it's simply a completely new audio engine that had a few teething troubles, which are now all fixed.

@Reto,

thanks. That helped. Aclayers.dll was in one instance called by a startup item for a bluetooth USB stick. A leftover from Windows 7 since I upgraded to Win10 long time ago. But that rundll item still remained in the startup items. Deactivated now.
The CloneBD.exe had no compatibility checked but it loaded that dll. It was installed in the ProgramFiles (X86) folder but it was the 64bit version of ConeBD.exe. So I de-installed it, ran ccleaner, ran ccleaner again to fix registry issues and installed it this time in the ProgramFiles folder. Now it does not call aclayers.dll anymore. Not sure what the root cause was but I'm sure I never actively set any compatibility mode.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
I'm sorry if my post sounded like I was only complaining. That was not my intention.
I was just stating that - for me - all versions after 1.2.4.8 didn't work properly on all my converted discs.
The release version you mention would be 1.2.4.0 which doesn't work with new NVidia drivers. So that's a NoGo.
1.2.4.8 has worked on every disc I've converted.

I am still willing to try the new versions but if they have issues with my conversions I still have my fallback.

@Indy58 ,

this cuts both ways. For sure we all want to have an application that provides robust results. On the other side we all like to have new features and the trade off is sometimes hard to make a choice if you want stable or new.
I had also several issues - DV not working on my UHD player - CloneBD would not use its own files to make a BD from UHD - crash with 1.2.4.10 and 1.2.4.11 on this disc. On the other side this is development. And the developers are always keen to fix issues. Yes, I also had sometimes the impression that they think the problem is sitting in front of the computer. But that is just normal if you can't reproduce the issue with the equipment you have and everything is working fine on your side. So each side has its perceptions and the art is not to get into a fight but provide as much information as possible what the hardware / software / settings you are using to convince the other side that there is really something not working right.
And I agree with you at some point. If you want to make sure that the way you are making copies and these work for you flawlessly I would stick for now with 1.2.4.8. On the other side. SamuriHL makes MKVs and had issues with seamless branching and audio delays. This was fixed in 1.2.4.9. So this is the right version for him but the way audio was addressed had created new weaknesses for us guys making copies for discs. But we are getting there. Hope the new version will fix the issues for the MKV guys and the disc guys.

Aclayers.dll was in one instance called by a startup item for a bluetooth USB stick.
That is interesting.
It was installed in the ProgramFiles (X86) folder but it was the 64bit version of ConeBD.exe.
...and that as well - if you install CloneBD 64bit over a 32bit version, that is the intended behavior. But you got me thinking whether Microsoft has pulled another stunt and activates some compatibility mode, when a 64bit application installs in the 32bit area.
MS has done crazier things, but this wouldn't make much sense.
I'll test that.

The release version you mention would be 1.2.4.0 which doesn't work with new NVidia drivers. So that's a NoGo.
Yes, that is one of the reasons why we're pushing for this next release, but it's been a lot more work than usual.
The new nVidia drivers have a bug in HEVC output - I haven't checked yet, whether any of their updates fixed that in the meantime. CloneBD rewrites that broken data as a workaround, which is fine, but not entirely pretty, that is an encoder's job.

See if v1.2.4.12 makes you happy now.

1.2.4.12 was released right now by Pete. Let's check how it goes... I will test it with Aquaman just to be sure that this processes flawlessly and report here then.

1.2.4.12: No choking at 18.48, no crash after 25.00 min. No debug message. I'm sure it's good and will finish the rest.;):):thankyou:

@Reto ,

have you contacted NVIDIA? If yes, did they respond?

EDIT: Where is the cut off? Which version still worked and which version from now on needs the fix?

Last edited:
Back