• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Clone BD / Aquaman UHD Germany

coopervid

Hi guys,

yesterday I tried to compress this UHD to a 50GB disc with CloneBD 1.2.4.9. The program crashed repeatedly leaving no error message and just closed. At the moment I'm trying 1.2.4.10 and it seems to work but there is a strange effect. At 11% the video froze and the conversion bitrate went to 0%. After maximizing the CloneBD window and then reducing it to a window again it continued to work. But then it crashed also just closing the program. The m2ts file was 7GB.
Right now I check 1.2.4.8 and will report back later if does the job. FYI- DVDFab converted it without choking on anything. Source was a "rip to folder" with AnyDVD and it also went trough the rip w/o any issues.

@Pete , @Reto , @Fabian

1.2.4.8 completed the job making a 1:1 50GB copy w/o any issues. Means bugs introduced with version 1.2.4.9. are not all solved in 1.2.4.10.

WTF... OK. I will install 1.2.4.10 another time and try again and then report back.

Dave,

1.2.4.10 chokes at time code 18.48 and moves slowly to 18.50 and then speeds up again. Maximizing / minimizing windows won't help. At 23.44 min CloneBD crashes.

Disc code: AQUAMAN -- OPD: BD_ebc3d0daf4e3

Dave, I watched it. Do you want me to identify the exact scene where the "choking" is happening. Or what is your theory why my copy only works with 1.2.4.8?

1.2.4.10 chokes at time code 18.48 and moves slowly to 18.50 and then speeds up again. Maximizing / minimizing windows won't help. At 23.44 min CloneBD crashes.
Please open the debug window in CloneBD's settings, then start the process.
When the choking happens, copy the text. Try to get as much as possible before the program exits.
Post the result here.

At 11% the video froze and the conversion bitrate went to 0%. After maximizing the CloneBD window and then reducing it to a window again it continued to work. But then it crashed also just closing the program.
Aquaman works perfectly with the new beta 1.2.4.10
There are a gazillion different ways to convert a video, it might well be that you two did completely different things.
Can you please tell us exactly what each of you did?

Using CloneBD 1.2.4.10.
I do a 1:1 copy from folder ripped with AnyDVD.
Compress to 50GB disc
Keep English and German sound and subtitles
Do not convert audio

Here is the debug information for the process until 18.50 min. Crash at 23.44 min and no log file written.

Attachments

• CloneBD12410_stuck 18.48 min Aquaman.txt
    91 KB · Views: 3
As already reported, there is no change in the film speed with me but the tone breaks in places for several minutes

From another post of Dave: He has Intel 630 graphics, I have NVIDIA 1050 CUDA graphics.

Can you please try Version 1.2.4.11?
I'm not sure, it's relevant, but a certain exception condition was fixed.
It's hard to say if it's the same in your case, because there is not dump file to work with.

If it still persists, it might help activating Windows crash dump reporting:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/wer/collecting-user-mode-dumps

CloneBD normally does its own dump file collection, but in this case it somehow seams to be deactivated.

@Reto ,

1.2.4.11 is the same. It chokes at 18.48 min and then crashes at 23.04 min. Debug information like in post #11 is attached.

Attachments

• CloneBD12411_stuck 18.48 min Aquaman.txt
    91.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
did you see the debug information file I added to post #11?
Yes, but it doesn't really help explain the crash. We need a real crash dump file.
If it still persists, it might help activating Windows crash dump reporting:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/wer/collecting-user-mode-dumps

I'm a little bit helpless here, we can't reproduce the problem, neither can Reto, nor do we have enough forensic information to work with.

Ok,

then I have some work to do to set up that user dump mode.

@Pete ,

here is a custom dump. I first did a full dump but that file is huuuuuuuuuge. I had to rename it from .dmp to .txt due to the upload rules.

Back