• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Clone BD acceleration settings

antipodes

I want to know if it is normal for the CloneBd video acceleration settings to revert to "no accelaration" after being set to CUDA for transcode and encode. I find that every time I open CloneBD the acceleration settings have been set to " no acceleration" but highest quality remains set. Is there anyway of getting the settings to remain set to CUDA

Attachments

• CBDscreenshot.jpg
    CBDscreenshot.jpg
    597.7 KB · Views: 20
  • CBDscreenshot.jpg
    CBDscreenshot.jpg
    597.7 KB · Views: 17
I want to know if it is normal for the CloneBd video acceleration settings to revert to "no accelaration" after being set to CUDA for transcode and encode. I find that every time I open CloneBD the acceleration settings have been set to " no acceleration" but highest quality remains set. Is there anyway of getting the settings to remain set to CUDA

According to a log file of yours I found in another thread, you have a GTX 1080? But also some parallels environment?
CloneBD will reset that setting only, when the check (at startup) reveals no hw-acceleration.
When it's greyed out in the settings dialog, the same situation applies: hardware acceleration couldn't be initialized.

When that happens, check the link Ch3vr0n supplied - run "drone.nvidia -supportedcodecs" as mentioned there. What does it show?

According to a log file of yours I found in another thread, you have a GTX 1080? But also some parallels environment?
CloneBD will reset that setting only, when the check (at startup) reveals no hw-acceleration.
When it's greyed out in the settings dialog, the same situation applies: hardware acceleration couldn't be initialized.

When that happens, check the link Ch3vr0n supplied - run "drone.nvidia -supportedcodecs" as mentioned there. What does it show?
Firstly thanks to Pete and Ch3vr0n for their help. Secondly following the latest CloneBD update the acceleration settings are back to what they should be. I am attaching a CloneBD logfile and two screen shots. Unfortunately I can only send one screen shot. My GPU is a Nvidia GTX1080.

Attachments

• clonebd screenshot2.jpg
    clonebd screenshot2.jpg
    472.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Pulp Fiction 5.cbdlog
    236.8 KB · Views: 4
Firstly thanks to Pete and Ch3vr0n for their help. Secondly following the latest CloneBD update the acceleration settings are back to what they should be. I am attaching a CloneBD logfile and two screen shots. Unfortunately I can only send one screen shot. My GPU is a Nvidia GTX1080.

Hmm. not much info there, obviously at that moment, CUDA was detected fine with that one screen shot, so there's nothing to learn.
And the log file says you have a "Parallels Display Adapter (WDDM)" - can'*t say what good the parallels virtualization is at passing through the acceleration.
Also I can't see whether it would work, because you were doing a copy without compression, so CloneBD didn't even try to use hw acceleration.

Hmm. not much info there, obviously at that moment, CUDA was detected fine with that one screen shot, so there's nothing to learn.
And the log file says you have a "Parallels Display Adapter (WDDM)" - can'*t say what good the parallels virtualization is at passing through the acceleration.
Also I can't see whether it would work, because you were doing a copy without compression, so CloneBD didn't even try to use hw acceleration.
@Pete I am a computer illiterate I don't know what a Parallels Display Adaptor is! Regarding your comment "doing a copy without compression" the logfile I created was based on a partial copy and was created because CloneBd crashes when I try to make a partial copy of Pulp Fiction. I am surprised that it shows up as uncompressed in the log file. I am attaching the second screenshot I referred to earlier. I am also enclosing CloneBD log file which I know to be for a partial copy.

Anyway I assume the settings issue has been resolved

Attachments

• pete.cbdlog
    236.8 KB · Views: 1
  • speccy.png
    speccy.png
    350.4 KB · Views: 7
Parallells is windows emulation software for Mac, to allow running of windows from within Mac. Unlike bootcamp which is for dual booting. The display adapter is probably what sits between the VM and the Mac host and that provides the gfx.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

Parallells is windows emulation software for Mac, to allow running of windows from within Mac. Unlike bootcamp which is for dual booting. The display adapter is probably what sits between the VM and the Mac host and that provides the gfx.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.
thanks I have never used MAC and I an using Windowss 10 Pro

Back