• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Clone BD 1.1.9.0 UHD disk copy to MKV video issue

Try creating MKV with CloneBD as normal
If problematic just remux with MKVToolNix
Or
Just put disc in drive and let MakeMKV do the extraction
No intermediate steps

Yes goncal, I agree...
however, I just would prefer your second proposal with the muxing process fixed in CloneBD ;)
If MakMKV tool is doing right, CloneBD tool should do it right as well :)
John

Add me to the list of people that can't play the MKV with an Oppo 203 UHD player made with CloneBD.
It plays other UHD MKVs made with other software but with the CloneBD MKV you can hear the audio but blank screen for the video on the Oppo 203.
I'm hoping this gets fixed soon so I can use the software.

Is there anyway for Clone BD to fix the MKV process so the Oppo 203 UHD player will be able to play video on the 4k HDR MKV?
MakeMKV & DVDfab works fine but Clone BD software doesn’t with the player. As above you can see others are having problems with this as well.
If the other programs can make a 4k HDR MKV that works with it why can’t Clone BD?

Last edited:
Piling on to the post. I have a similar problem. My Dune Solo 4k will not play 4K MKVs produced from CloneBD. I don't even get sound. I'm running the latest Dune firmware and I just get an error message. However, if I use MakeMKV with my AnyDVD Rip everything works fine. The CloneBD issue seems to be exclusive to 4K streams. If I use CloneBD to create a MKV from a 1080p source, my Dune Solo plays it without any problems.

I really doubt it's an issue with the mux, and more likely some sort of header flag or attribute in the MKV container that is different and that some players (including my Dune Solo) are more sensitive to this (E.g. An unspecified flags/attributes that some players will happily ignore and default to something intelligent, while others won't). Just a guess... I imagine that someone familiar with the header structures could do an A/B comparison and figure it out quickly, if that is indeed the issue.

Would that be the Zappiti or Dune Solo’s firmware that would need to be updated or the CloneBD software?

I really want to use CloneBD since I’ve purchased it but it won’t work with the Zappiti.

I tried the new firmware update but I can see video but it has stuttering frames of video so it’s unplayable.

The Oppo 203 doesn’t see the video at all. It’s just a black screen. The audio sounds great also.

I'm going to post v1.1.9.3 beta soon, please try that. I believe it should work.

I should have responded earlier. I can confirm that CloneBD is working now.

It has for a long time, it's just a bit tricky to do because the matroska folks haven't made an official standard for implementation. Or I might be mixing that up with 3d mkv's. @Pete should be able to clarify that

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

I can clarify. There's no official spec for MKV with UHD so it's a bit of a fluid situation right now. However, I've had lots of success with mine. The caveat is you will likely never get Dolby Vision support (MKV has no spec for it at all and it's a closed format anyway so no one knows how to play it) in an MKV container. It will do HDR just fine though. ATMOS is all good. I HIGHLY recommend a player that uses madvr and lav filters if you're going down this path.

Just made an mkv of Prometheus UHD.

Plays wonderfully. Unlike the previous UHD mkv's I made it has sound AND picture. (lol)

Super!

T

I can clarify. There's no official spec for MKV with UHD so it's a bit of a fluid situation right now. However, I've had lots of success with mine. The caveat is you will likely never get Dolby Vision support (MKV has no spec for it at all and it's a closed format anyway so no one knows how to play it) in an MKV container. It will do HDR just fine though. ATMOS is all good. I HIGHLY recommend a player that uses madvr and lav filters if you're going down this path.

Good point. The only reason I started to go the MKV route is because the Dune Solo HD doesn't know how to autoplay the UHD ISOs. It forces me to pick a playlist and while obvious to me, it makes for a clunky experience with family members. Related, I haven't been able to successfully use TSMuxerGui to get playable discs with a single title/playlist either. So, I started down the MKV path until Dune comes through with a firmware update... If there is some other sorcery I should be using, please point me in the right direction.

I've not played with any other methodology myself. I tend to stick to MKV because I put them on my NAS so that I can play them on my HTPC in J River MC or my SHIELD (through PLEX). These are for HDR titles. Dolby Vision I've been sticking with just playing the disc on my UHD player (a Sony UBX-700 upgraded for DV support). Your situation is interesting. I would think that if there was only one playlist on the disc (i.e. a movie only copy) then your Dune would play it automagically? Maybe try creating a movie only ISO and see what it does. That's the only thing I can think of to try in your particular situation.

Back