• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

"Clone 4" Error Message Ripping Training DVD - Log Included

Justin Byers

Hello,

I'm receiving a "Clone 4" error message when attempting to rip a training DVD I need to backup. I don't really have any other clues beyond the fact that the disc appears to be a DVD-R and will play through Windows Media Player.

Log file is attached.

Thanks

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.1.0_Info_H_JVC DVD_ROM.ziplog
    78 KB · Views: 5
It won't affect this particular title, but you need to set your drive hardware region. Just because it plays fine, doesn't mean it's fine for ripping. When you play a title, you may not encounter the area with the problematic section (read errors), ripping can't do that. Ripping reads the ENTIRE disc and will encounter the problematic spot. It is indeed an on-demand burned dvd-r and not a standard retail DVD. @James will need to look

Thanks Ch3vr0n. Yeah, the drive is about a day old so I haven't set the hardware region yet.

I should have mentioned the "Clone 4" error is instantaneous upon clicking copy so I don't think it's hitting a problematic section.

Oh it is. It's in the log. I believe this is where the problem starts

3.22s: WARNING: pickBestVMI 0: no FP!
3.27s: WARNING: pickBestVMI 1: no FP!
3.27s: WARNING: pickBestVMI emergency fallback!
3.36s: Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!

There's no First play, which anydvd uses in a way i believe to check for the main title. Unless i'm mistaking, everything else just goes downhill from then on.

Hello,

I'm receiving a "Clone 4" error message when attempting to rip a training DVD I need to backup. I don't really have any other clues beyond the fact that the disc appears to be a DVD-R and will play through Windows Media Player.

Log file is attached.

Thanks
Does CloneCD work?

Hello,

Log file is attached.

Thanks
You can try to disable "copy protection based on ..." in AnyDVD settings.

Hello,

Log file is attached.

Thanks
There is no protection on the disc, AnyDVD doesn't like that. EXIT AnyDVD and copy with your program of choice, or just use Windows Explorer and drag and drop to your desired location.

Back