"Clone 4" Error Message Ripping Training DVD - Log Included

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by Justin Byers, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Justin Byers

Justin Byers New Member

Hello,

I'm receiving a "Clone 4" error message when attempting to rip a training DVD I need to backup. I don't really have any other clues beyond the fact that the disc appears to be a DVD-R and will play through Windows Media Player.

Log file is attached.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

It won't affect this particular title, but you need to set your drive hardware region. Just because it plays fine, doesn't mean it's fine for ripping. When you play a title, you may not encounter the area with the problematic section (read errors), ripping can't do that. Ripping reads the ENTIRE disc and will encounter the problematic spot. It is indeed an on-demand burned dvd-r and not a standard retail DVD. @James will need to look

3. Justin Byers

Justin Byers New Member

Thanks Ch3vr0n. Yeah, the drive is about a day old so I haven't set the hardware region yet.

I should have mentioned the "Clone 4" error is instantaneous upon clicking copy so I don't think it's hitting a problematic section.

4. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Oh it is. It's in the log. I believe this is where the problem starts

There's no First play, which anydvd uses in a way i believe to check for the main title. Unless i'm mistaking, everything else just goes downhill from then on.

5. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Does CloneCD work?

6. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

You can try to disable "copy protection based on ..." in AnyDVD settings.

7. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

There is no protection on the disc, AnyDVD doesn't like that. EXIT AnyDVD and copy with your program of choice, or just use Windows Explorer and drag and drop to your desired location.