Cleaning out AnyDVD older versions. How?

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by lofty, Jan 20, 2008.

1. lofty

lofty New Member

Seem to recall I saw a few notes about this on another forum but I can't remember what the mod said.

How does one go about getting rid of any old AnyDVD files and registration details etc, before installing a new version?

Sorry if this has been answered before but a search didn't find it for me.

2. Spanky

Spanky Well-Known Member

Lofty, first be sure your key is safely backed up somewhere. These instructions are for XP, go to control panel and select “Add or Remove Software”. When the list populates AnyDVD should be near the top of the list. Select remove and answer yes to remove all components. That should do it.

3. lofty

lofty New Member

Thanks Spanky. OK, I'm familiar enough with Add\Remove but I thought this guy reckoned there were other areas that needing flushing, like the registry and prog\common files?

4. Spanky

Spanky Well-Known Member

There is a free program “CCleaner” that’s good for that sort of cleanup, if you think you need it.

5. linx05

linx05 Well-Known Member

Simply uninstalling AnyDVD is enough.

6. Coaster

Coaster Well-Known Member

@ lofty,

The SlySoft Technical Support Staff has commented a couple of times in the Forum that using the Windows normal “Add or Remove Programs” uninstall function is totally sufficient in removing the SlySoft AnyDVD software program.

Regards,
    Coaster

7. lofty

lofty New Member

Great, thanks guys :)