• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Clarification on Reclock capabilities

Ulrezaj

I'm having trouble getting Reclock to work, and I'm wondering if it's because of my misunderstanding what it's capable of.
My setup is an HTPC attached to a TV through a receiver, video over HDMI and sound over spdif. The main parts of my playback setup are MPC-HC, ffdshow, spdifer, and of course reclock. Most of my media is 23.97-98, and I passthrough audio for external decoding by my receiver.
With some videos I get the green icon, some I get yellow, but even with green I still see tearing. Is this because reclock can't handle passthrough audio over spdif? Or is there something else I'm missing entirely? I've spent quite a bit of time browsing this forum and others, but I can't seem to figure out what is causing reclock to fail. Any pointers would be appreciated!

The way I've understood it, the icon turns red/green/yellow depending on whether the frame rate conversion is activated or not. This impacts stuttering, but has little to do with tearing, The way to fix tearing is to have a steady vsync, which is fixed by having a good combination of the following:
* Vsync correction checkbox in reclock
* Vsync on/off (and aero on/off in vista)
* DXVA on/off. Off seems to be a lot easier
* Player program. To me MPC-HC works, while VMC does not
* Renderer choice. Best is probably VMR9 for XP and EVR for Vista (defaults)
* Not too much CPU-intensive background processes
* Pure luck

Vsync correction only works if Reclock is green to begin with...
And I fulfill all the other requirements you listed.

Just noticed the attachment failed last time. Zipped it and reattached.

Attachments

• reclock_log.zip
    24 KB · Views: 1
Back